hi:

i need to buy a car >>>>>>> i have to choice 1. 2006 bmw m5 507 horspower
2. 2006 mustange cobra .. it will be special order..500 horspower

what do u recmomended me >>

thanks

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
You might try posting on the E60 M5 page...

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Totally different cars. If you want something to beat on, something to put away wet, and something that is cheap, get the 'Stang. If you want a classy ride that will smoke 95% of cars you will come across while hauling 5 people, get the M5. I would recomend the M5, as tuned Mustangs, although fast in their own right, are not in the same leauge as a well sorted BMW. BMW's also turn well too.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
BmwNut said:
Totally different cars. If you want something to beat on, something to put away wet, and something that is cheap, get the 'Stang. If you want a classy ride that will smoke 95% of cars you will come across while hauling 5 people, get the M5. I would recomend the M5, as tuned Mustangs, although fast in their own right, are not in the same leauge as a well sorted BMW. BMW's also turn well too.
:cheers:
Let me add a spin to BmwNut's reply. While they are totally different cars the 'Stang' may be harder to drive as he mentioned above on this side of the Atlantic.
You don't say how much Ford support you have in Qatar, I know American Car parts are harder to find in Germany and almost as expensive as BMW and MB. If the model you want is modified it becomes even harder.
While I see a few Corvettes on the road and several Chrysler products now that they are owned by MB, I haven’t seen one imported Stang in the last 10 years I have lived in Germany. I did see one yellow T-Bird, but that hardly counts as excitement. :confused:
Ken

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
If your <20 the Stang.

If your >20 The M5.

If your suffering badly from midlife crises the Stang will make it worse.

Oh what the Hell, Get the Beast. Its a Better car.

MJ

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
mubarak said:
hi:

i need to buy a car >>>>>>> i have to choice 1. 2006 bmw m5 507 horspower
2. 2006 mustange cobra .. it will be special order..500 horspower

what do u recmomended me >>

thanks
I am curious why you choose between these two cars. They have nothing in common aside from similar HP.

The Mustang is a weekend drag racing toy, collector and waxer. It is all about retro look and built to satisfy folks who live for short traffic light sprints from a standstill. It is NOT a sports car and it will lose in handling comparisons against much cheaper cars. The interior is cramped & the rear seat is useless. It's only significant redeeming point is possible collectibility status 30 years from now, assuming you live in USA (lol). If you're going to buy one to drive into the ground, it is a terrible investment...not worth the money. Buy a 400 HP GTO for this duty because it offers better all-around performance & handling for much less money.

The M5 is a very expensive sedan, costing almost double the overpriced Mustang. It is heavy and not a race track car, but it offers world-class performance compared to other hefty 2 Ton, 5 passenger cars. If you are a bachelor who does not haul clients around, I think a lighter car like a Subaru or Carrera would better meet weekly boy-racer requirements.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Do you really expect anyone on this board to anything other than: "Do the BEAST!" Seriously, c'mon...

LOL

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
cosioboy said:
Do you really expect anyone on this board to anything other than: "Do the BEAST!" Seriously, c'mon...

LOL
exactly what I was thinking! All he said was pick one of the two with no qualifiers...well that's easy enough...the better one!!! :flag:

·
Registered
326 Posts
If you can Afford a New M5..

Why not buy BOTH the M5 and Mustang???

first of all let me say is: Mustangs are DIME a dozen.
As far as the Cobra being a collectors item?? I beg to differ.
Hell Mustangs/cobras are more common thatn C5 vettes.

GET THE M5..

I can't believe you actually compared any FORD to a BMW M5.
Is totally ridiculous. Sit inside the FORD.. It screams CHEAP all around.

Not sure if the Cobras have it or not.. BUT MUSTANGS are still using
SOLID REAR ENDS.. WTF its 2005.. Who has solid rear ends?? to
sacrifice handling??

and in 3 years when buttons start falling off in the mustangs, stuff start fading and
cracking, oil leaks here and there.. Youll wish you bought the BMW..

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Bentley or nissan?

Come on.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
E39 MFIVE said:
.....Not sure if the Cobras have it or not.. BUT MUSTANGS are still using
SOLID REAR ENDS.. WTF its 2005.. Who has solid rear ends?? to
sacrifice handling??
........oil leaks here and there.. Youll wish you bought the BMW..
The new Cobra will have a solid axle to please core ponycar customers. This design is actually a benefit for folks who want to play stoplight drags. Do a search and you will discover folks are tearing the lightweight rear aluminum tubular subframes up in their M5's, M3's and MZ3's when they try to use them for drag racing. The E30 and E39 cars exhibit horrendous wheelhop due to subframe flex and this phenomenon leads to hardware breakage. A Mustang solid axle accepts this driving behavior for decades with no ill effects. There are a significant number of folks totally obsessed drag racing and they should steer clear of the independent BMW suspension. A trip to a dragstrip will uncover Corvettes with Ford 9" solid axles under them.

Many folks buy M3 to drag race against ponycars and similar. Forums & streets are full of them. This is a serious misuse/abuse of lightweight suspension hardware.

My 1998 BMW has less than 1/4th the miles of my 1988 Ford, but 4x the oil leaks. The power steering and V8 rear main seal soak my garage floor with puddles of oil inside my cylinder heads submerging my spark plugs & breather cover leaks behind the intake. Go figure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts