BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, since there are plenty of owners who replied, here's an "official list" thread in the regional. We can all post who's going, place, time and date. Unfortunately, there hasn't been any other M6 owner...so far, I'm the only one:dunno: But there are plenty of M5's. :biggrin:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks Nick. Do we actually have an official number of people? There are definitely more M owners out there. There's a dude out here on the east side who has a black M6 - but i dont know em. I just see him on the road here and there and we exchange nods, etc. There's an M5 owner in my neighborhood as well. I also know of a doc that was my wife's client who had an M5 but now has an X5M.

Henry Ford Macomb Hospital has an M5 thats typically parked in a particular spot. It had a pretty sweet license plate. It said "ISD8U". I assume he's an anesthesiologist.
I'd like to have a non d-bag personalized plate, but ive had a hard time coming up with something non-cheesy. My 545 i did the good ol' QTR2SIX.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, no official number, I just know we have a good amount, just hoping this will get everyone accounted for. It's nice to start a fresh thread for an official meet, less clutter.
I'm sure there are other M6 owners, problem is they're not on M5board and not aware of the meet :sad1: oh well
And yea, that plate is funny Lol "ISD8U" no doubt he/she is an anesthesiologist. If you get a personalized plate...be sure to stay "cheesy-free" Lol

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm available and have a couple less active members that would like to be apart of it.

Might be best to throw some dates out there?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, how about next weekend, Saturday the 14th? weather seems nice. We were all thinking to meet on Woodward and 13mile? is it a Starbucks? Caribou coffee?

·
Registered
44 Posts
You guys should do it at Cars & Coffee out in Sterling Heights. It's this Saturday May 7th. Kinda short notice but it would be good to have a solid M showing there. It's held at an indoor kart race track which is fun as well.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks dean, I'm sure we would all be down for that, problem is a couple owners are out of town this weekend. But theres always next time :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
For some reason, i didnt get any emails of thread reply notifications. I found out about the kart2kart thing last night. It would be cool to have a solid M group there. I think they do it the first saturday of every month.

If anyone's down for today, I'm open for a quick ride out. Feel free to PM me

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey guys,

Just checking in to this official meet thread. I will be out of the country for the next few months, so unfortunately I won't be able to meet until later this summer.

za, I personally know the guy with the black M6 from the east side. He's not on this board, but I will notify him of this thread and of the meet.

Kudos for moving forward with the meet!

-MKballer

·
Registered
206 Posts
Interesting that you know of this dude. I think he has red/white roundels or something (if i recall correctly).
Anyway, look forward to hangin out for a few with you guys and the beasts.

Hollywood - were you in downtown birmingham on friday night? I was checkin out my buddy's 997 C4S on maple and old woodward.
Rpi exhaust (i think), black gills on the side? Just caught a quick glimpse turning south on old ww from maple?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Interesting that you know of this dude. I think he has red/white roundels or something (if i recall correctly).
Anyway, look forward to hangin out for a few with you guys and the beasts.

Hollywood - were you in downtown birmingham on friday night? I was checkin out my buddy's 997 C4S on maple and old woodward.
Rpi exhaust (i think), black gills on the side? Just caught a quick glimpse turning south on old ww from maple?

Yessir, that was me :byebye:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Cool. I wonder how many e60 M5 owners there are out there locally that we don't know of or that aren't on the boards

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish I would have known for the cars n coffee meet earlier, it was too short notice. Anyway, are you guys still down for our little meet this Saturday the 14th?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm game for Saturday the 14th. I'll probably be at the "cars, croissants, and coffee" meet that happens Saturday morning at autozone on 14 & Woodward with my dad as well.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright, then were still on for the 14th this week. I just want to meet all you local ///M guys first, before we head out to any cars N coffee :cheers:

·
Registered
206 Posts
What time are you guys thinking for Saturday? I like to disapear in the morning before I get the honey- do's from the wifey. :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What time are you guys thinking for Saturday? I like to disapear in the morning before I get the honey- do's from the wifey. :)
What about noon? So far its myself, Za and HOLLYWOOD right? too bad the other guys are out of town. Anyway, PM me ahead of time and I'll give you guys my cell :wroom:

1 - 20 of 232 Posts