BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
NOT IMPRESSED.. wheels don't have the ///M look and they are inset too much.. need spacers
these are winter wheels! remember, in many places, its required to have dedicated snow tires/rims, so these are just test bunnies :byebye:

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
789 Posts
It's so subtle that it is not impressive at all. I know they will go with a mix of the Msport kit they have for the current 5 series and hopefully some a little more aggressive. Otherwise it will look like a normal 5 series. I am sure the wheels will be great as BMW has made some great looking wheels.

It took me a while to grow into the E60 M5 styling and when the LCI updates came it made the E60 what I wanted it to be. Funny thing is that with the E39 I didn't have to think about it. It was love at first sight :)

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
However the LCI for the M5 E39 was also a huge step up with the angel eyes and LED rear lights, also with the interiour and new navi.

It's so subtle that it is not impressive at all. I know they will go with a mix of the Msport kit they have for the current 5 series and hopefully some a little more aggressive. Otherwise it will look like a normal 5 series. I am sure the wheels will be great as BMW has made some great looking wheels.

It took me a while to grow into the E60 M5 styling and when the LCI updates came it made the E60 what I wanted it to be. Funny thing is that with the E39 I didn't have to think about it. It was love at first sight :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think the F10 will bring the M5 back to what it is, a proper BMW 5 series with a bulldog of an engine under the bonnet. Forget all that Auto Vs. DCT crap, I have a feeling the F10 will be one great M5.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you look at the third picture down, you can finally see the front fascia is the |\_/|, not the reversed as seen on the M3

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If you look at the third picture down, you can finally see the front fascia is the |\_/|, not the reversed as seen on the M3

By god you are right! good catch.. look very closely on the 3rd pic down left side of bumper and you see slant |\_ so smiley face |\_/| ?? No wonder they covered up the bottom by the bumper. But old photos of car late last year during testing showed |/ so which is it? We will find out next few weeks for sure..

·
Registered
476 Posts
Front facia

Looks to me like the airdam is the typical new ///M style - / \ vs \ / for non m cars. We shall see...

I wonder what is under the tape on the mirrors...will they follow the E60 black plastic theme....

As long as it is not an auto - I am in

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
only manumatic transmission no dct as of now. same transmission style in x6m and x5m but as far as torque converter
I would be very surprised if they didn't offer a DCT. From what they've learned on the M3 they should of had enough time to develop a unit which can handled a lot more power. I would like to think that the X*M models missed out due to the thorough development that was taking place.

We can only hope and speculate :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
That looks so sexy!!!!!

....but does anyone else feel that it looks like the trunk space is going to be smaller than the e39s????

·
Registered
910 Posts
You can see that these are just plastic peices to hide what is really under there. Those flat black parts on the front and back arnt really whats under there. Prolly using a 535 bumper cover for now. Until production.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
You can see that these are just plastic peices to hide what is really under there. Those flat black parts on the front and back arnt really whats under there. Prolly using a 535 bumper cover for now. Until production.
I actually beg to differ. They are testing the car in its production stage, to see how it would perform. It probably has brake ducts and possibly cooling ducts down there, to use a 535 bumper would be almost counterproductive to the testing process. Not to mention the design is very clearly different from that of a normal F10, it seems clear that we are in fact seeing what is a fully built prototype

1 - 20 of 39 Posts