BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please enjoy in high-resolution. Inspiration from the render was with help from the official BMW 5-series Press pictures. Both are attached in high-resolution to this post.

High-resolution HERE.

Quoting the artist Jon Sibal design notes as well (apparantly a huge BMW-enthusiast as well):

"New information was posted about the F10 M5 such as the different kidney grills. It will be thicker compared to the standard F10 5 series. BMW had done this back then with the E39. The early models had the thin kidney grill surrounds and when the M5 came out, they also updated the kidney grill surrounds to a thicker version which then replaced all the e39 models that was built after 9/2000."

"Recent spy photos shows a slight bulge different from any I've seen and have applied this detail"

"We all know that the M models gets side vents as for this model, I created a side vents consistent to how the previous M models received."

Flared fenders are also a standard for the M models which allows the car to accommodate bigger and wider wheels"

"M models also have had side mirrors exclusive to them. For this model, I designed my own version of what I think the side mirrors might look like"

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DSSLvU8y6J4&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DSSLvU8y6J4&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

To reiterate, this is what we know so far from BMW M GmbH officials from Autocar interview.

Official presentation 2011 Frankfurt motor show
Driveline will get taller gearing
30% increase in torque over current M5 520 Nm
Transmission will be 7-speed DCT
Carbonfiber roof
Active Aerodynamics, which blanks off parts of the grille and cooling intakes during warm-up and under light throttle load

Quotes by Gustav from Autocar article below:

"due to make its first public appearance at the Frankfurt motor show in 2011"

M division’s head of development, Albert Biermann, said the new driveline will also receive taller gearing

We’ve been forced to switch to an engine offering greater low-end torque than the naturally aspirated engine to ensure it can cope with the longer axle ratio,” Biermann said. “It’s the only real way we can balance achieving the environmental improvements we want while retaining similar levels of performance to today’s car.”

Biermann indicated there will be a 30 per cent increase, taking torque from today’s 383lb ft at 6100rpm to somewhere around 500lb ft at little more than 1500rpm. Biermann is also confident the V8’s unique induction system will provide similar levels of throttle response to today’s model. That means 650 Nm.

The development process is at an early stage. We’re concentrating on the durability and cooling of the driveline at the moment

DKG / DCT will be the gearbox apparantly: "Along with the new engine, the car will also get a new gearbox, a beefed-up version of the M3’s seven-speed DCT (dual-clutch transmission), as previewed on the 25th anniversary version of the M5 unveiled last week."

"Weight saving is playing a big part in the M5’s development, with carbonfibre being used in the bodyshell. BMW is working on a carbonfibre roof and bootlid, mainly because, being sited on top of the car, they are less vulnerable to impact damage."

"The car will get Active Aerodynamics, which blanks off parts of the grille and cooling intakes during warm-up and under light throttle load." BMWs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
That is sexy!!!!!!!!! If it looks like this I will buy it!!!

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
931 Posts
Looks fantastic. The 5 series is also great but the M5 oh my goodness so great mmmmmm

But I'm going to wait about a year till all mistaks has been deleted.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Me Too!

·
Registered
298 Posts
OMG ammmmazing ! if it will look like this i will be the first to buy it

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hummmm......
I like it, how close is the picture to the real thing?

Better start saving...

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
That is a fantastic render- really beautiful job by Jon Sibal. Thanks for posting Gustav. I believe this car is going to be very much a return to the top status the E39 had. The E60 has greatness, but it never quite distanced itself from the competition the way I believe this one will.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Awesomely beautiful car! Thanks Gustav for posting. Is there any speculation on the price range of the F10 M5? [My worry is] I'm thinking six figures...?? Anyone?

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not yeat and it will be long I beleive. But some where around hte E60 M5 new price we can assume?

Awesomely beautiful car! Thanks Gustav for posting. Is there any speculation on the price range of the F10 M5? [My worry is] I'm thinking six figures...?? Anyone?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Gustav, it looks nice, but I would expect a few differences in the real one:

1. I wouldn't expect the hood contours to be that extreme, and any would likely be more consistent with the M3.

2. I would expect more rear-wheel fender flair.

3. It seems a bit too low.

4. Where's the police car following?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
my 08 is 100 fully loaded so f10 i could see being 110-115?????? fully loaded.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Gustav, that looks incredible. We just sold our be-loved V10 beast & now am looking forward to getting an F10 replacement when they come out. Very patiently awaiting the new iteration of the beast...

She has served us well for 48k miles & won the One Lap of America this year. Look forward to the new one...

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:crying: :byee55amg

However it is not an official BMW M5 F10 picture it is a unofficial mockup.

FAIL:

"Born in Europe", "Raised on the Autobahn"...

It's a front wheel drive joke.

EPIC FAIL:

Advertising it next to first picture of new F10 M5.

HAHAHA

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
1. However, if you see on the original BMW 5-series official pictures iot is surprisngly quite large as well?

2. I was thinking no rearfender flare? The front fender is the only one flared on the BMW M5 E60?

3. Yes, but that looks good ;)

4. That might come ;)

Gustav, it looks nice, but I would expect a few differences in the real one:

1. I wouldn't expect the hood contours to be that extreme, and any would likely be more consistent with the M3.

2. I would expect more rear-wheel fender flair.

3. It seems a bit too low.

4. Where's the police car following?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Gustav, excellent post.
Can we merge some threads here too? Seems to be a lot of duplication going on.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts