BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trailer below

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KiOSOg351bo?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Translated testdriver interview video below

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3EVzYmX0Jck?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trailer + testdriver interview combined in one video below

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yt31MTCqmHs?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
...and maybe 2 M buttons? see 00:50. I think there was an interior shot a few weeks ago that showed 2 M buttons also.

·
Registered
159 Posts
nooooooooo - it's in German!! What were the drivers saying?

The set off in snow looked interesting - something I struggle with in the e60... did it have some kind of set off control?

I notice that another post for the Alpina B7 is now being produced with Allrad... these videos seem to indicate RWD (when he enters the tunnel), but I still think they are handling great in the snow for 2WD.

The exhaust seems to growl also which is pleasing, but it doesn't seem to announce your are either on your way, arrived, or leaving like the E60 does "....eeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwww....." :D

My excitement is starting to increase though :)

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Translated for you :)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3EVzYmX0Jck?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nooooooooo - it's in German!! What were the drivers saying?

The set off in snow looked interesting - something I struggle with in the e60... did it have some kind of set off control?

I notice that another post for the Alpina B7 is now being produced with Allrad... these videos seem to indicate RWD (when he enters the tunnel), but I still think they are handling great in the snow for 2WD.

The exhaust seems to growl also which is pleasing, but it doesn't seem to announce your are either on your way, arrived, or leaving like the E60 does "....eeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwww....." :D

My excitement is starting to increase though :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
nice videos...

·
Registered
476 Posts
A few items observations

1) Looks like some type of powerdome on the hood at 2:00 :applause:
2) Moonroof at 2:38
3) Steering Wheel looks small and thick at 2:47
4) Engine has nice burble at start at 2:50

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thank you Gustav. I had feared that the F10 was going to be all soft and squishy. Even though it doesn't show speed this video settles that for me. They wanted to show the noise it makes, and they want the electronics to work, in the context of a proper driver's car, wherever you are on the planet. They haven't lost all their enthusiasm. I'm sure E60 owners will miss the extra 1000+ rpm, but at least its over 7k...

I don't expect to like anything like this more than my manual, LSD'd, ESP-free E34 though!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sounds different than an X5M, no?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Also, maybe the redline will increase a bit more than the supposed 7250 as it looks like the motor might not be up to temp in that pic.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some interesting details reveailed in these videos.

-At least a 7250+ RPM redline :grinyes:

-Two M-mode buttins [M-] and [M+] for changing several preset settings maybe?

-DCT shifter looks similar to the old SMGIII shifter on the BMW M5 E60.

-M logo on the headrests ;)

Hi-res here.

Hi-res here.

Hi-res here.

Hi-res here.

Hi-res here.

Hi-res here.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Snow...

Personally, we've had so much snow here in north jersey and I'm so sick of snow and cold that I can't think of a bigger waste of bandwidth then to watch a 550+High Performance Sedan slide around in a bunch of more freakin' snow!

Anyone want to see some of the shots I took of the last shuttle taking off where it was nice and warm and not a speck of snow?

·
Registered
142 Posts
hmmm.....very unflattering videos and something about an M5 on snow that just doesnt impress......sort of like a fighter jet rolling down a freeway whats the point?

Lets see it out on the open roads or a track where people are more likely to use it since most M5 owners would never think to drive in the snow.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
True, these testings would be better with a BMW M5 XDrive, we all know any Audi RS would leave the M5 in these conditions. Here in Sweden during wintertime I drive a BMW 330Xi Touring with studded tyres and htat is to be as safe as I can and to be able to go where I want even in heavy snow.

hmmm.....very unflattering videos and something about an M5 on snow that just doesnt impress......sort of like a fighter jet rolling down a freeway whats the point?

Lets see it out on the open roads or a track where people are more likely to use it since most M5 owners would never think to drive in the snow.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts