BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I decided to wrap my car with 3M vinyl film and I don't know what would be looks better matte black or red carbon fiber with black carbon fiber roof & rims?? I really appreciate your advice...:)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Do you have any samples of the red carbon fiber? Everyone knows what matte black looks like but not sure how that red carbon fiber looks. Also, what wheels do you have (and in what color) as that will play a part in how the overall car comes out. Probably best to share pictures of the red carbon fiber as well as how your car looks today.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Anything like this hood then I say no.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've got a 3M flat black wrapped roof and I'm happy with the way that it looks. If I drive the car in the rain then I get water spots on the flat black vinyl that really stand out. With it just on the roof it is not that bad, I could imagine the water spots on the whole car would completely drive me crazy.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
One reason why I removed my matte black wrap roof and went gloss. I had to keep using vinegar/water to remove them :eek:h:

I've got a 3M flat black wrapped roof and I'm happy with the way that it looks. If I drive the car in the rain then I get water spots on the flat black vinyl that really stand out. With it just on the roof it is not that bad, I could imagine the water spots on the whole car would completely drive me crazy.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Honestly, and maybe its just me but I feel the matte black look has been played out, looks horrible - like an unfinished paint job, and doesn't belong on a BMW. Colored matte finishes seem to look far better IMHO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

This is my car, I'm thinking to go with red carbon fiber vinyl and black roof, I want also wrap original M5 rims into black carbon... Or all car matte black, but I'm not sure... The reason I want to wrap my car is to protect original paint and to cover all small scratches that I got on my car, I love when car is perfect without any single scratch or dent. So, what do you think?

This is sample of red carbon vinyl :

·
Registered
13,470 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Matte black looks good but red cf would like kinda dumb, if you want red then go for matte red.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Matte black over red cf but like someone mentioned already its played played out. You could do matte red and maybe red cf on the hood or something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.