BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
is this a joke?

that's a universal kit....and everything needs to be fabricated, even the pipes they send you need to be modified

in order for it to work you will need:

- to not buy any "generic" turbo from ebay
- exhaust manifolds/X-over pipe
- injectors
- DME tuning
- larger MAFS or MAP conversion
- fabrication to relocate whatever you displace with the turbocharger and associated plumbing.

that just touches the tip of the iceberg......there's so much more you need.

So, in conclusion, if you happen to find what you might think is an E39 M5 turbo "kit", just check the cost. If it's legitimate, expect a price tag of $20,000 USD or more

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just peed a little

·
Registered
803 Posts
Quick question...

Who "turbo" charges a big v8 beast anyways..ouich ouich

Not to make fun, but that's a fail. Sorry bro.

Maybe I am just supercharger biased. Who knows.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
:hihi:

EXTRA PARTS SUCH AS MANIFOLD IS REQUIRED. READ NOTES BELOW THOROUGHLY!!
NOTE :

* Not all parts are bolt-on. Universal piping kit will need to be custom modified at an exhaust shop to adjust for the correct bends. *
* Requires a down pipe which needs to be connected to existing exhaust. A custom adapter needs to be fabricated from a place such as an exhaust shop. *
* Other parts you need or should get is Turbo Manifold, Boost Controller, Turbo Timer, and Engine/Fuel Management System. *
* Professional Installation is Highly Recommended (No Instructions Included)!! *
*Item colors might vary from pictures depending on stock on hand please contact us, [email protected] for any requests.*

·
Registered
295 Posts
Funny!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Someone who wants to make more power than a centrifugal supercharged V8.
bingo.

and seriously, what's with jumping down everyone's throat lately? maybe this kid isn't terribly knowledgeable and was seriously considering purchasing that "kit" on ebay. damn.

·
Registered
86 Posts

There is e31 with turbocharged s62 in Ukraine, it makes 670hp and 800nm of torque with 0,8 bar. But it is definitely much more expensive.

Reactions: Frye

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Quick question...

Who "turbo" charges a big v8 beast anyways..ouich ouich

Not to make fun, but that's a fail. Sorry bro.

Maybe I am just supercharger biased. Who knows.

anyone who wants to be faster and more efficient than a supercharged car and isn't rule or $$ restricted:

and CART's indy car engines before they and the IRL merged back together:

Reactions: Mike S.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well my mistake then,

Its just people talk alot more about throwing on superchargers on there M5's then a turbocharger.

Guess its more cost efficient?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think almost every engine out there has had someone in the world chuck a turbo on it in the quest for more power....

Even a V12 Lamborghini!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
mmmm - my next ride :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts