BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 2995 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Not recommended by who? Fiske? I can name a dozen wheel stores that don't recommend oem wheels on front for the M5 but look how many of us do it with great results!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I like both... The 5 spoke wheels are easier to keep clean.
Couldn't have said it better. Both are some of my favorite M5 wheels but 5-spoke make more sense unless you only drive your car once a week... as long as you get them polished lip and center don't worry, they will be flattering!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Sorry, dont like the 5-spokes. But thats my personal opinion. If you like the 5-spokes go for them - and they are much easier to clean, if that ever was a problem.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
cleaning isnt an issue, as the car sits in the garage majority of the time... (i have been debating making it my daily however not yet.) i spoke with fikse, and they no longer make that wheel in 19" for the time being, their efforts currently are on the chroma line. the fikse fm5 will be available after the summer... pretty much one year from now. so it puts back at the drawing board. AGAIN!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Dude, you suck! haha I am waiting right now to get my oem wheels powdercoated glossy black this week or the next as soon as I figure what I'm going to do for transportation...

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you per wheel for sandblasting and pcoating combined, what was the turn around time, and is that gloss-black or semi-gloss? Any advice?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Dude, you suck! haha I am waiting right now to get my oem wheels powdercoated glossy black this week or the next as soon as I figure what I'm going to do for transportation...

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you per wheel for sandblasting and pcoating combined, what was the turn around time, and is that gloss-black or semi-gloss? Any advice?
$70 per wheel
I went with a 50% gloss
Took a week or so... I am sure it can be done quicker for more $$$ :)

Upside -- 5 mins to clean al 4 wheels today...

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
PJS can we swap wheels for half a day.:thumbsup:

121 - 140 of 2995 Posts