BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 2995 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

if i go '5-star' i am doing that exact wheel... holy. that looks great.

I think it looks great as well. Were you able to figure out who makes it and what it's called?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
yep... unfortunately its been discontinued for ever 5yrs and only way to find them are used... this may sound like no big deal, however finding the appropriate fitment, and a party thats willing to ship overseas is going to be difficult... im looking into the ACS 3pc wheel now for similar look, possibly OZ futura (however its costly considering its an OZ), or last resort bbs lm.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
From that one pic you posted they look almost exactly like Fikse Profil 5s...do you like them?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
hehe so you found one that pleases you hahaha. have you checkt member FRITS gallery???? iff the pictures came from felgen garage then its frits car.

those are oz futuras and they where made with cooperation for hamann motorsport.

i know frits has his in storage and is running with schnitzers for now ,but A;his are 10 and 12 wide and B: i dont think he ever going to sell his :grinyes:

ET 25 is a no go mate,you have to go under ET20. ET13 front and ET19 back will look good its just enough so they dont come out off the wheelarches.
by the way there are a set off oz futuras for sale on felgen garage for the 5 serie. 8,5 ET13 and10 ET19 x18 inch"

FRITS knows the dudes from felgen garage and he has a brand new performance shop so (maybe) he can hook you up with something or help you out for shipment.hmmm

here are some pics off his fantastic ride +pics off the rims

iff you dont ask frits,you will never know :D:D:D

:byee55amg good luck mate in your search.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
From that one pic you posted they look almost exactly like Fikse Profil 5s...do you like them?

i do, would you happen to know the difference between fm5 and profil 5??? i wouldnt mind going with this wheel either providing i can find it in a 19"... also the chroma looks amazing as well...

hehe so you found one that pleases you hahaha. have you checkt member FRITS gallery???? iff the pictures came from felgen garage then its frits car.

those are oz futuras and they where made with cooperation for hamann motorsport.

i know frits has his in storage and is running with schnitzers for now ,but A;his are 10 and 12 wide and B: i dont think he ever going to sell his :grinyes:

ET 25 is a no go mate,you have to go under ET20. ET13 front and ET19 back will look good its just enough so they dont come out off the wheelarches.
by the way there are a set off oz futuras for sale on felgen garage for the 5 serie. 8,5 ET13 and10 ET19 x18 inch"

FRITS knows the dudes from felgen garage and he has a brand new performance shop so (maybe) he can hook you up with something or help you out for shipment.hmmm

here are some pics off his fantastic ride +pics off the rims

iff you dont ask frits,you will never know :D:D:D

:byee55amg good luck mate in your search.

thanks for the help... what is the best way to get ahold of this frits gentleman?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
thanks for the help... what is the best way to get ahold of this frits gentleman?

Just PM ;D

I have 2 sets of very wide wheels for the E39, as you can see on the pictures below. The OZ wheels are not really for sale, but if you really really want them, I will consider selling. They are 10*18 ET 7 and 12*18 ET 0, that means very wide!! Rear fender rolling is required!! We widened the rear fenders 4 cm each. No changes to the front fenders were required.

If you're interested in other wheels of the same style, like the ACS Type 2 Rennsport in 19", just let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
No I don't have the info on the Fikse's anymore, I had several questions for them at one point and what I couldn't figure from their site I found out via emailing them but I don't have that email anymore. I like them a lot but Frits' wheels seem just as nice, I guess it comes to down to weight and price...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
question is... are those 3pc ACS wheels replicas??? look at this:

someone on BF pointed to me that on these the spokes go to the edge, and that the rivets stop to let the leg go to the lip.
As far as I know, they are genuine, but only available in 17". I saw these wheels at a shop that only sells genuine ACS stuff, the guy from the shop was opening boxes with ACS logos on them, with these wheels inside.

edit: Oh, another thing... For these wheels, it's not possible to use OZ lips, so only a very limited number of sizes is available. The 3 piece ACS Type IIs you showed a little higher, use the OZ lips (wheels are manufactured at OZ factory), so there is a very wide choice of very strong lips for these wheels. I had a lot of options when deciding on the size of my wheels.

81 - 100 of 2995 Posts