BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Father Christmas was good to me this year. He picked up a copy of BMW car magazine's book on the first 4 generations of BMW M5. No doubt you have all read it....

I have spent a lot of time staring wistfully at the E28. Wondering if I could make sense of it enough to get it past my wife. Same applies for the 1995 E34 LE.

I looked longingly at the E39 M5 and wonder what ever happened to Y*** MVT. My Silverstone blue garage queen.

I now also look quite jealously at my neighbour and his Silverstone 2 E60.

Of them all, the E39 is the best IMHO.

I think i should get another one.....

Cheers

Trev

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hi everyone

Father Christmas was good to me this year. He picked up a copy of BMW car magazine's book on the first 4 generations of BMW M5. No doubt you have all read it....

I have spent a lot of time staring wistfully at the E28. Wondering if I could make sense of it enough to get it past my wife. Same applies for the 1995 E34 LE.

I looked longingly at the E39 M5 and wonder what ever happened to Y*** MVT. My Silverstone blue garage queen.

Cheers

Trev
I've had to order my copy ........so still waiting

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the book is preetty good. I have the m5 book - the gold portfolio - I think it is called. The BMW car book is similar in style/ content bu it has been produced entirely from their articles produced over the years.

I bought the m3 book they produced last year too - pretty good too.

If you have trouble getting an m5 book, i have a couple of ideas :

let me know they are exclusively for sale at wh smiths - if you are flying through a uk airport they might have one. My local shop has 3. If anyone is interested in getting one, pm me, I'll buy one, then put it on eBay for 'buy it now' for the cover price so you can buy it. I'll figure out postage once we have chatted.

Or

We could try to get a group buy for m5 boarders from the publisher?

Cheers

Trev

Glad go help a boarder !

Cheers

Trev

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Hi everyone

Cheers

Trev
I'm going to try & order a copy of that book... ! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I just ordered my BMW M5 - The World's Ultimate Super Saloon "book" from BMW Car magazine directly. They said it cost £15 & it should arrive in 2-5 working days after they process my online order. That is pretty fast & $23 US dollars was worth it to me. I wonder how many pages the book has & how many/detailed photos it has... ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I found mine at Barnes and Noble in Columbus Ohio for $19.99US this past weekend. Was the only copy across 100's of other magazines. Just the corner was sticking out to reveal ...."M5". Caught my attention immediately. Great book 162 pages of pure beauty and engineering. This one stays in the personal library!
For anyone looking Title is "BMW M5, "The World's Ultimate Super Saloon". Also check out BMWcarmagazine.com

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I found mine at Barnes and Noble in Columbus Ohio for $19.99US this past weekend. Was the only copy across 100's of other magazines. Just the corner was sticking out to reveal ...."M5". Caught my attention immediately. Great book 162 pages of pure beauty and engineering. This one stays in the personal library!
For anyone looking Title is "BMW M5, "The World's Ultimate Super Saloon". Also check out BMWcarmagazine.com
I went out this evening to 3 different Barnes & Noble locations & just did the very same thing you did. I picked up this awesome book "in hand" & bought it fresh off the shelf/magazine rack. It is an amazing array of pictures, words, quotes, and facts about the E39 M5 among the other 3 generations. It was only $17.99 with a B & N club/member card. The real fun starts on page 84... :haha:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I picked this up before Christmas, early present for me. Makes for some good reading, really enjoying it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Is there an IBDN number on this "book", we need to send a copy to the Library of Congress for safe keeping..........and I might need at at Barnes and Noble to find it amoung the other 3000 magazines there ;)

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I didn't find it at the local b&n, placed order online, thanks for the link. Looking forward to some good reading in a few days.

·
Registered
647 Posts
For people in the Seattle area, I found a few copies at the Barnes & Noble near the Alderwood Mall. :thumbsup:

Attachments

Reactions: M Baker and Adam_E

·
Registered
283 Posts
I picked up a copy too at a local Barnes and Noble. There was one shop worn copy left.

Looks like it will be an interesting read.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts