BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

Greetings fellow "M"enthusiasts!
I've just picked up an early 2005 E60 M5 my first BMW and I can't stop grinning! A pleasure to trundle around town in if not a little jerky and an absolute animal out on the back roads! I've been reading a lot about rod bearing failure in this and other forums and am not sure what to make of it all? That and what oil I should be running? Has anyone had any issues with their "M"? Any feed back would be well recieved!

2005 E60
Sepang Bronze
Stock (momentarily)

·
Registered
38 Posts
G'day all, I have been on this forum for a while and just found this thread. On my second E39, first one was a white 99 model, currently have an anthracite 2000 model. This site has saved me loads of cash, very usefull on technical matters.

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Matt add yourself to the facebook group to converse with current M5 owners

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi guys,

Please add my E60 M5 to the registry.

2007 E60 M5 SilverBlue.
Stock.
Inner west Sydney.

Its a UK import so has, what I think, is the very cool MPH and KPH speedo.

Bought it only a week ago after my immaculate (and much loved) E46 M3 was killed during Sydney's storms a few weeks back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I am the proud owner of a Scaracbgreen M5.I purchased the car of Alastair from bromspec in brookVale. I LI've in the red lands near brisbane in Queens land. I have only ever seen one other m5 in brisbane in over 5 years

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys I am the proud owner of a Scaracbgreen M5.I purchased the car of Alastair from bromspec in brookVale. I LI've in the red lands near brisbane in Queens land. I have only ever seen one other m5 in brisbane in over 5 years
Hey mate, welcome to the forum buddy....
Wow that colour of yours!!! Is that an E39 specific Colour? I've never seen one in that colour before,ever...
I too live in Brisbane myself but I've only seen a handful of M5's not to mention E39's....
Only today I was working on mine and guys at the shop could not believe she was 14-15yrs old lol....

·
Registered
226 Posts
post some pictures

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys sorry for the late reply.I believe the colour is an individual colour.I got the car for a steal it was 20000 dollars with 153000 ks on it which is damp cheap for Australia.The guy I bought it off Alastair from bromspec had a 530i with a blown engine and an economy write off m5 he swapped everything from the m5 and I mean everything the windscreen and all in to the 530 which is why I got so cheap the only thing missing is the quad exhaust which doesn't really matter to me as I've had 2 e39 540is before the m5 and I never ever thought I would have the opportunity to own an m5 so when I seen this car I just had to have it.It's a very unique car and I just love it.sorry about the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
What a fascinating car, and yes Scarabgruen Metallic is an individual colour. A friend of mine owned an E38 740iL in the colour. I've also seen an X5 and two E46 330Ci's in the colour as well as (oddly) a Land Rover Freelander 1.

·
Registered
430 Posts
E39 M5 spotting around Brisbane

Oh wow more Brisbanites! E39 M5's are very hard to find around here, are you members of the BMW Club?
You need to frequent the mountain driving roads near Brisbane early Sunday mornings!

check my post 17 Nov 2013

You might see a couple..

And please add me to the registry..

1/2000 E39 M5 Tiag since 10/2010

living in Brisbane

·
Registered
170 Posts
The BMW Club regularly runs organised spirited drives up the mountains on early Sunday mornings, shame we haven't seen you up there before. I wouldn't mind letting my Grandpa M5 show your over-cylindered fancy tech-heavy M5's how real driving is done ;)

Slypperygypsy, one of my best mates said your car came into his tyre shop today- took some pics! He was very curious about the single exhaust, it took me ages to remember where I'd seen your introduction.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The BMW Club regularly runs organised spirited drives up the mountains on early Sunday mornings, shame we haven't seen you up there before. I wouldn't mind letting my Grandpa M5 show your over-cylindered fancy tech-heavy M5's how real driving is done ;)

Slypperygypsy, one of my best mates said your car came into his tyre shop today- took some pics! He was very curious about the single exhaust, it took me ages to remember where I'd seen your introduction.
BTW I wouldn't hear a word said against the E34 M5
Been toying with getting one as a second M.
Just need to figure a way to get it by the other half :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Finally, I belong here! After searching for almost 18 months, I am now the proud owner of an E39 M5.

There's a few cosmetic things to fix up someday. But the previous owners have taken great care of it mechanically, so it drives very nicely. Ideally, I was looking for a post-update model in a light paint colour. So I ended up buying the complete opposite! But the priority was the mechanical condition, so there's no regrets choosing this car.

I've owned a peasant-spec E39 in the past, so it's all quite familiar to me. But that wonderful V8 sound makes even the most mundane errand an enjoyable journey.
...and the extra power is also quite nice :angel

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Congratulations. Welcome to the club

121 - 140 of 163 Posts