BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Wow - some awesome machinary! Love the E60 5454, and Dave your 840ci is the best one I've seen. Still can't believe I was behind you in traffic the other day!

Mohum, I'd imagine putting quad pipes on the 530i was fun... ;)

I need to get some photos of my collection together!

It is the eisenmann quad style pipe. i still have the spare tyre. the right side just takes a feed from the main box. I like the look so I put it on.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My Alpina Wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
"thevintage" Does the M5 have the DTM style tips. seen one in Sydney when I was down there once.

·
Registered
226 Posts
20 spokes!
need skinny fingers.....!
That is the reason, i switched to Ac schnitzer. my fingers get sore after doing 80 spokes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Perth M5

Hi Guys

1999 M5 Carbon Schwarz being my first M5 and I wish I hadnt waited for so long....so the divorce was worth it:) mainly doing maintenance type work so some new euro brake discs from Partscontainer on Ebay and a bunch of stuff inc Koni Yellows etc from ECS Tuning on the way and will also do an SSK. Also have a bare metal resto happening on an E21 Baur 320 Cabrio but that is a labour of love.
Trying to come up with a good reason not to add an ESS supercharger kit....havent come up with a good reason

Shane

·
Registered
198 Posts
Trying to come up with a good reason not to add an ESS supercharger kit....havent come up with a good reason. Shane
I'm trying to keep mine stock, but my dark side doesn't agree.

I'd be interested to see how your modifications are coming along.

I'm heading down to Albany/Denmark for the long weekend. A good chance to try out the P100 fuel. The BMW Club are doing a similar trip, so I might be able to catch up with them at certain points.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Guys

1999 M5 Carbon Schwarz being my first M5 and I wish I hadnt waited for so long....so the divorce was worth it:) mainly doing maintenance type work so some new euro brake discs from Partscontainer on Ebay and a bunch of stuff inc Koni Yellows etc from ECS Tuning on the way and will also do an SSK. Also have a bare metal resto happening on an E21 Baur 320 Cabrio but that is a labour of love.
Trying to come up with a good reason not to add an ESS supercharger kit....havent come up with a good reason

Shane
Welcome to the thread. If you have any questions, I am sure one of us will be happy to pass their experience or guide you to DIY thread. Just an advise, if your thinking of ESS kit. make sure you change your rod bearings.

Regards,

Mohamed

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the tip

Thanks for the welcome.

ESS dont suggest any mods necessary....have you had a bad experience?

Xfire shoot me a message with your details as I cant send pms

·
Registered
431 Posts
Rod bearing failures seem to be mostly random and thankfully few and far between but adding a SC would make it prudent to check / replace if necessary....
Speaking of which do local shops do the rod bearing change with minimal collateral work like in the US?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Rod bearing failures seem to be mostly random and thankfully few and far between but adding a SC would make it prudent to check / replace if necessary....
Speaking of which do local shops do the rod bearing change with minimal collateral work like in the US?

It's bit of work, but shouldn't take more than a day. Front sub frame requires removal. I have not done it yet but it's on my list of things to be carried out as PM

101 - 120 of 163 Posts