BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My M5 was about close or even with the new M3 = kills the Audi RS4 sedan, humiliates the RS4 avant.

I drivethe Vishnu V2 and you cannot compare it to the M3. I LOVE the M3 handling and I have serriously ache in my arms now fro msteering so much a full weeekend with the M3 :7: You just want to push and push and poush the car n the corners and the 335i is just a different level, it feels like an even mroe comfortable E39 M5 with less gas response and steering feedback. But straigh line at low temperatures the V2 is a beast, for sure! But the buyer of a 335i and a M3 are totallt different,s the cars are night and day different is my impression. Specifically, steering feedback, handling feedback, throttle repsonse and chrachteristics.

Hmmm...just as I suspected (and posted earlier on a previous thread of Gustav testing the new M3).......BMW will live to regret entering the V-8 engine class with such a weak weapon
The new M3 - is going to have a really really tough time competing in this class. It's underpowered by about 20hp at least.
The modded 335 beat all the cars except the M6 and 997TT - (to which it lost by about 5 car lengths)
I own a 2005 M3 and I think BMW should have done what Porsche is doing and improve upon that brilliant in-line 6 period.
They could easily get 400hp out of that engine , but instead are in a HP war with AMG ( and losing by the way).
Lets see how powerful a 415hp V-8 M3 looks in just 1 year!!
Who wants to be in the new M3 and have a guy in a chipped 335i take you. Insult upon injury! Kudos to the 335i

Nothing beats the v-10 engines in the M6 and M5- not even a chipped 335i.

Great job putting this event together Gustav as usual- excellent work. I think the vids are a foregone conclusion - unless I missed something here.

I definetly will not be getting the new M3- plus I bet BMW will be releasing a version of that engine with forced induction in the not too distant fututure in a galaxy far far far away
:7::M5launch::M5launch::M5launch::M5launch:

·
Registered
4,918 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Also, videos will come: but I will not psot 50 race in one day. More like over 50 days 7-10 races :) for many days :D

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Thank god I have a PS3 to play that Blu-Ray...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, I’m new to the board and I drive an Audi RS4 (flamesuit on) :) I want to thank Gustav for a great event at the airfield yesterday. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the chasing on the way back after the standing start races. The new M3 is a great car and is way faster than my RS4 at higher speeds. Once again thanks.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Hi everyone, I’m new to the board and I drive an Audi RS4 (flamesuit on) :) I want to thank Gustav for a great event at the airfield yesterday. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the chasing on the way back after the standing start races. The new M3 is a great car and is way faster than my RS4 at higher speeds. Once again thanks.

Cheers

Thosed, we would never flame you.....you spent time and energy into something we all benefit from (the videos). Even though we criticize cars....rarely do we criticize people who contribute to this board.

Thanks.....when are you getting the M3 or M5 or M6? :applause:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the 335 stage2 was around 1s faster then the new M3 in the range 100-200km/h. Will take a look at the logs later.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yes it was a nice day and yes the 335i surprised everyone. It was only 8° C in the air and no sun the whole day. I think that was an advantage for those turbo engines. The results might been different if it was sun and like 25° C in the air?

·
Banned
175 Posts
Yes it was a nice day and yes the 335i surprised everyone. It was only 8° C in the air and no sun the whole day. I think that was an advantage for those turbo engines. The results might been different if it was sun and like 25° C in the air?
Maybe but the other cars ran in the same cold air all of them had an advantage.

21 - 40 of 332 Posts