BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Been there done tha, but 8 months ;)

Kent News :: Article :: Motorist who hit 138mph gets six month ban

A speeding motorist who hit 138mph on the A20 has been banned from driving for six months and hit with a £1,000 fine.

John Morris, 48, of Battle, East Sussex, was clocked driving his BMW M5 at more than double the speed limit on the A20 at Gorse Hill in Farningham on October 28.

He pleaded guilty at Maidstone Magistrates Court on January 14.

Katherine Barrett, of the Kent & Medway Safety Camera Partnership, said: "Driving at 138mph is not an accident, just a total and blatant disregard for the safety of other people on the road.

"There is not a single excuse as to why Mr Morris could think that it was appropriate travel at this speed. He should feel lucky with regards to the outcome of this incident because if something had gone wrong and he had killed someone he would have had to live with that for the rest of his life."

The camera which snapped the driver hitting the crazy speed was installed in 2003 because five people had been killed or seriously injured along that stretch of road in the three years prior to installation. In the last three-year period there have been no serious or fatal crashes.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Very lucky not get a custodial sentence at that speed and not even on a dual carriageway!

A couple of bikers got jailed a few years ago for doing 147mph. Lots of us have been guilty of reaching warp speeds. Only wrong if you get caught? Yes and no,,,

·
Registered
707 Posts
if that is the only shot they got and that is speed cam, how could they prove later that he was driving the car. :thumbsup:
it might not be that exact driver, it is just his car, but he is very generous and gives it to many people to drive. :grinyes:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Theres no way i wouldve pled guilty to that, unless they wouldve had a picture of me facing the camera, with my drivers liscense taped on the windshield and my mother in the back seat with my birth certificate giving the thumbs up indicating that its me driving. I f you dont have all of those things............... IT WASN'T ME!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts