BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW M Performance exhaust on the BMW M3 Coupe at Geneva 2011

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZQNlk5PA1uQ?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Gustav,
do you have any numbers on the weight of this exhaust vs. stock??..any sound bites?
also what type...? I'm guessing it is stainless steel?...because it is a 4k option:eek:oohhh:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
The exhaust is a BMW Performance accessory. I test drove a DCT E92 M3 with the new M Exhaust, and it was nice. Saves 20 pounds over stock.

PROS
No drone - at all, in any RPM.
Louder sound than OEM, suits the M3 well.
Save 20 lbs from stock.
Made of Inconel, tips made of Aluminum.
///M stamp on the tips, looks nice.

CONS
Exhaust tips are same diameter as OEM (or very close).
Could be a little louder.
$4k price tag is high.

The system is nice, the tips looks nice.. but like I said it COULD be just slightly louder and the tips could be larger in diameter. It could be at the maximum sound before drone occurs.. so that could be one excuse for a con. I always believed that M exhausts were too tame from factory, and this BMW M Performance Exhaust is a nice OEM solution. But, I don't see an excuse for the $4k price. For $3k, the exhaust would be worth it.

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
The exhaust is a BMW Performance accessory. I test drove a DCT E92 M3 with the new M Exhaust, and it was nice. Saves 20 pounds over stock.

PROS
No drone - at all, in any RPM.
Louder sound than OEM, suits the M3 well.
Save 20 lbs from stock.
Made of Inconel, tips made of Aluminum.
///M stamp on the tips, looks nice.

CONS
Exhaust tips are same diameter as OEM (or very close).
Could be a little louder.
$4k price tag is high.

The system is nice, the tips looks nice.. but like I said it COULD be just slightly louder and the tips could be larger in diameter. It could be at the maximum sound before drone occurs.. so that could be one excuse for a con. I always believed that M exhausts were too tame from factory, and this BMW M Performance Exhaust is a nice OEM solution. But, I don't see an excuse for the $4k price. For $3k, the exhaust would be worth it.
dealers are price adjusting them so IMHO having heard one in person I'd get it for $3400/$3500 I like that fact that it is a factory option...and the wow factor of it being a unique metal....if I want to wake my neighbors at 2am I'll attach my Fabspeed 200 cel race cat...LOL.

·
Registered
330 Posts
dealers are price adjusting them so IMHO having heard one in person I'd get it for $3400/$3500 I like that fact that it is a factory option...and the wow factor of it being a unique metal....if I want to wake my neighbors at 2am I'll attach my Fabspeed 200 cel race cat...LOL.
this wouldn't be very nice of you Serg would it? hahahaha (since seeing your post on the other board made me come back to the old stomping grounds)

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
this wouldn't be very nice of you Serg would it? hahahaha (since seeing your post on the other board made me come back to the old stomping grounds)
that's what I have on my E92 now into stock cans and it sounds really great...for me at least...lol
but at night my wife says our dog knows when I'm coming home because you can hear the car from around the block!...LOL
still not as loud as my M5 was w/headers/x-pipe & Eisenmann Race exhaust

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can't beat factory quality and it does sound great!

Reactions: Gustav
1 - 9 of 9 Posts