BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed BMW is changing its iconic Roundel (again) . They say it won’t go on cars, but why did they show it on their new concept car? Maybe they want to gauge the public reaction before going all in.
It’s seems pretty plain on its own, but I suppose it looks slightly better on the car. Change is inevitable, but I prefer the older style(s) with the black ring. I might like it more if I didn’t read the PR to go along with it-

“BMW is becoming a relationship brand. The old black ring was replaced, letting the new logo radiate more openness and clarity. We want to use this new transparent version to invite our customers, more than ever, to become part of the world of BMW.”

Radiate more openness?! What’s a relationship brand? Just wish they’d go back to the brand that’s focused on making the ultimate driving machines.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Unfortunately BMW along with all manufactures now rely on focus groups. If the "customer" want this or that, then thats what they are going to do. They don't care about making the ultimate driving machine anymore. Cars are like cell phones now, fighting over who has the best tech to attract buyers. Then move on to something better. Younger generations don't care about driving anymore and owning cars. Can partially blame that on Lyft/Uber an d-bag Musk pushing for self driving cars. We live in a society where new high end cars like BMW's are being looked at as disposable items. Lease one for 3 years, then on to the next one. I couldn't imagine how god awful the new BMW's right now will be in 10 years when they have problems long past warranty.

Sent from Uranus with Love.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
This might be the last straw.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
It'll never go on a car because we all know how ugly it gets under the roundel.

It's brand "Innovation" for the "i"-cars as the i4 is about to debut and I guess they are betting hard on it. more likely on a concept since it will never be dirty :)

Remember how BMW split the 7 and 8 into the sub-brand "Bayerische Motoren Werke"....because exclusivity? Yah... noone remembers. Same with the whole "M town thing"

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
They should spend more time designing cars that look good, not logos.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Drop the "W" and it will all make sense.

·
Registered
12,805 Posts
New logo to go with new slogan, "BMW, the Ultimate Money Making Machine"...…..

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Radiate more openness? BMW going full woke mode. Sad.
If you would just make the best cars, none of the PC crap is necessary.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is the roundel for every model when ordered as the now available gran coupe 2 door suv crossover convertible sedan hatchback. Also they will have an m trim of all of those as well, which will have a slightly different roundel, and one other for the sun roof delete model, so there is no market confusion.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
“BMW is becoming a relationship brand. The old black ring was replaced, letting the new logo radiate more openness and clarity. We want to use this new transparent version to invite our customers, more than ever, to become part of the world of BMW.”
I LOVE it! It helps differentiate the new crap BMWs from the golden age era 1980-2010 cars. BMW M cars no longer have character or soul, they're faster and handle better but they don't feel as good to drive, they don't feel as connected or driver oriented regardless of all the technology nonsense.

BMW M is basically a different variation of AMG at this point. Nothing special about the new ones. Just a numbers game for people who care more about the brand name than the driving experience. Ironically the brand was built upon the golden age cars' driving experience.

BMW will never be the same company again. It's about time they stop tarnishing the golden age logo by placing it on inferior AMG variations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts