BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just read that BMW is laying off over 8000 workers so that they can increase their profitability. i hope this dosent translate into cheaper parts etc. so they can make more money. i feel sorry for all those families that depended on their BMW jobs to support them

·
Registered
288 Posts
not cheaper parts but will be squeezing suppliers for better margins. I heard they will be trying to squeeze 2-3%. might not seem alot but multiply that by a couple of billion.

·
Registered
162 Posts
As long as they don't follow the slippery path that Mercedes-Benz went down - Higher Profits being inversely proportional to build quality!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Yeah, I've been really disappointed with MBs as of late. Quality has definitely dropped over the years.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
ya, it's prolly because of all the repairs they have to do on the M5's, under warranty.....

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
A great deal of the pressure is caused by the falling dollar vs. the euro. I had expected US prices to rise significantly over the last two years and they have not. Somethings gotta give between top and bottom lines if you don't change revenue to maintain profitability. Alas, BMW is becoming General Motors...........I would pay more for BMW to remain what it is. :cool2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts