BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is actually a very good idea if you consider how much distraction and injury is caused each year by dogs "loose" in cars.

This is a OEM BMW part for dogs in the range 7-40kgs (15-88lbs).

Here is an official BMW press release (from Japan!?):

http://www.bmw.co.jp/News/2004/PDF/04-076B.pdf

WOOF! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
baldy_bonce said:
Good idea, but no dog will be sitting on my Nappa,(wife excluded!!)
Note the custom-fit quilted seat protector in the photo!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
dont know if anyone has seen them before or not, but these style restraints are already availible in pet stores. Now if you need your doggy belt to say BMW....now is the time to get them from BMW.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Now i've seen everything now. :haha2: And I thought dogs were only allowed in the drivers seat leaning on the steering wheel or out the front window.:1:

·
Registered
767 Posts
ycchan said:
LOL and California is going to use it first
No Californian would be caught "alive" with one. We prefer to have the dog on our lap so we can pet it while talking on the celphone and sipping lattes and,,,and,,,and,,,oh ya, keep a leg on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
ycchan said:
hmm..I thought there was a stupid law that said Dogs must wear seatbelts :confused2 cherrsagai

Not yet, but I think there are plenty of state legistature members with way too much time on their hands getting a hold on this one...we'll see it as a proposed law inside of 2 years...

PETA will back it.

Arnold will laugh at them and say "hasta la vista, baby...get out of my face"

Great find, Ashok!

:cheers:

Note: I forgot to mention that there IS a law about animals in the back of a pickup. They have to be leashed such that they can't jump out of the truck.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I just hope no one hear totes their dog around in am M5. My father used to take his dog in his Mercedes years ago. The dog ruined the car. I thought he was so rediculous for it...and still do to this day.
But I suppose for those doggie fanatics, it's a good idea for the owner since dogs are projectiles in the event of an accident.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I tote my 70 lb dog in the M5 all the time. I have the universal seat protector which works great. While I might be imagining things, when we head out to the cars he always wants to jump into the M5 first - makes a poppa proud! The only real detriment is having to periodically vacuum the car for dog hairs and odor but small price to pay to have the pooch with us.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I can see it now.

Pretty soon your going to have to list ," never smoked in, and no wet dogs ".

BY the way, did anyone notice those dogs dont look all that happy?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts