BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Summer of 2008, I bought a license plate frame from BMW. What you usually get are spacers for the back of your plate, four finishing caps to cover the screws, and the frame. At the time, each finishing cap were in two pieces: a bottom disc (much like that of a washer) that a screw would run through and a cover that snaps to the disc to conceal the screw. Every time I wanted to remove the caps to access the screws, for plate removal, I would have to pry the crazy things off from their underside; Resulting in breaking them...

I recently purchased another frame from BMW. It came with new, one piece caps with a circular door which you can easily close and open to get to the screw. You still have to be careful as they do have a fragile hinge but other than that I was pleased. Both of my frames are the carbon fiber finish. Now, I'm not certain if all the frame kits come with caps; Neither do I know if you can buy the new caps alone to replace the older ones, but I couldn't see why not.

Anyhow, just wanted to post this up to let you all know. Hope it proves useful :byebye:

·
Banned
151 Posts
You can certainly buy those caps if you loose them. Any Autozone or Advance Autoparts has them, in the licence plate mounting bracke/frames section. They are around $3-4 for a pack of four.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts