BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been shopping around for extended warranty, and was interested in BMWs extended maintenance as well as extended vehicle protection plan. Each dealership in my area had varying prices, but i found the lowest to be

2yr/100k Platinum $5420

and maintenance to be $3350

if bought together, i would get a $100 discount.

So total of $8670

The dealership i usually go to offered to match that price from the other dealer.

Then today, i get a email from the Sales Rep that he wants to make his quota and is willing to sell both for $1 over cost.

So he qouted me at $2996 for the extended maintenance and $4991 for the extended vehicle warranty = total of $7,987

Is this a good deal? compared to other BMW extended prices?

if there are others interested in this, let me know and i'd be happy to give the Sales Reps contact info

·
Company Representative for Becks Imports LLC
418 Posts
Emai your car's VIN# and current odo reading to [email protected], and I can get you a quote on an excellent extended warranty and you can see how it compares in term, coverage, and price.

I'm not a big believer in pre-paid maintenance, unless I am missing something. You pay dealer rates, in advance, for something you may not need and can get done cheaper elsewhere. Is there a huge discount vs. paying as you go at dealer on indy shop? Do you get pro-rated refund if you sell car?

Bruce

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
email sent

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
FYI,

got a sample of the BMW contract for Gold & Platinum coverage. Platinum lists what IS NOT covered. Therefor it looks like a exclusionary warranty.

so far so good!

PM me if you'd like a copy of it

·
Company Representative for Becks Imports LLC
418 Posts
Check again, because there is only one exclusionary contract. They won't have a Platinum exclusionary contract and also have a Gold exclusionary contract that is different from Platinum. And if it's the same, it would not have a different plan name.

Gold is most likely their top level INclusionary coverage, and Platinum is exclusionary. Gold being less valuable than Platinum. :)

Bruce
Becks Imports LLC

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Check again, because there is only one exclusionary contract. They won't have a Platinum exclusionary contract and also have a Gold exclusionary contract that is different from Platinum. And if it's the same, it would not have a different plan name.

Gold is most likely their top level INclusionary coverage, and Platinum is exclusionary. Gold being less valuable than Platinum. :)

Bruce
Becks Imports LLC
corrected - Platinum coverage IS exclusionary

·
Registered
917 Posts
I've been shopping around for extended warranty, and was interested in BMWs extended maintenance as well as extended vehicle protection plan. Each dealership in my area had varying prices, but i found the lowest to be

2yr/100k Platinum $5420

So total of $8670

The dealership i usually go to offered to match that price from the other dealer.

Then today, i get a email from the Sales Rep that he wants to make his quota and is willing to sell both for $1 over cost.

So he qouted me at $2996 for the extended maintenance and $4991 for the extended vehicle warranty = total of $7,987

if there are others interested in this, let me know and i'd be happy to give the Sales Reps contact info
I got the extended coverage for my 2007 M5 in summer of 2008 or 2009 (not sure now) for either 4500 or 4800 when my odo was 47.5K. I was also offered extended maintenance for about $1800 at the same time. I don't remember if my costs included taxes at the time but I think they did not.

·
Registered
18 Posts

2yr/100k Platinum $5420

So total of $8670

Looks like a good deal.

I have been quoted $5350 for a 7 year (3 more years)/70K miles. I currently have about 24K miles on my 2007 M6 with the factory warranty expiring on 7/30/11. Talking about last minute rushing around!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mdyaman..pass me the dealer info..I'm in the md/Va/Dc area..thanks

·
4,395 Posts
Emai your car's VIN# and current odo reading to [email protected], and I can get you a quote on an excellent extended warranty and you can see how it compares in term, coverage, and price.

I'm not a big believer in pre-paid maintenance, unless I am missing something. You pay dealer rates, in advance, for something you may not need and can get done cheaper elsewhere. Is there a huge discount vs. paying as you go at dealer on indy shop? Do you get pro-rated refund if you sell car?

Bruce

that's because most people don't get their money out of it - if you do the 100,000 miles you'd probably even out - people who do 10,000 miles in the last 2yrs after the original warranty just paid for nothing unless they have major failures

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for the info..^^^^^

·
Registered
429 Posts
Wow $8000.

Like Bruce says, it is mostly a scam to get you to pay dealer prices up front, while they earn interest on your money.

Example, my friend's SMG recently expired. Dealer quoted ~$5000. for a new hyd pump system.

Instead, he replaced the pump motor for $350.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow $8000.

Like Bruce says, it is mostly a scam to get you to pay dealer prices up front, while they earn interest on your money.

Example, my friend's SMG recently expired. Dealer quoted ~$5000. for a new hyd pump system.

Instead, he replaced the pump motor for $350.
$7,987 for both extended maintenance and extended warranty at the highest level.

If i were just buying the extended warranty, the price I got would have been on par w/ all the rest of 3rd parties i've seen around here for the coverage terms and length...yes i did my research.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts