·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Horray!!

Oh. We gotta wait another year. Nevermind. Sigh.........:snore000::kaffe:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
excellent! Good to have them racing again in ALMS :) Looks pretty wild, the spoiler is huge! So is the downforce too most likely :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Great news. I hope it will be competitive. What about the team PTG? They've been BWM NA's Schnitzer Team equivalent over the years but has been racing Panoz last year (and this year I think) in ALMS since there wasn't a competitive BMW model. Will they go back to BMW?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Great news. I hope it will be competitive. What about the team PTG? They've been BWM NA's Schnitzer Team equivalent over the years but has been racing Panoz last year (and this year I think) in ALMS since there wasn't a competitive BMW model. Will they go back to BMW?

My sentiments exactly:cheers:..PTG has been campaigning BMW in the ALMS since the introduction of the e36 M3 back in 95....what gives???
They even ran a season with m3's even though they were no longer competitive.....hmmm what gives:3:
S

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
SWEET. There are rumors that Chevy will detune the Z06 and put it into GT-2 as well. If that happens the GT-2 class this year will be awesome!
2 new cars :applause:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I spoke with Ralf Kelleners about this car. Ralf drove for the Rahal Letterman team last year and when I asked him about driving the M3 next year he said it will likely be BMW factory drivers. It seems BMW is might be serious about motorsport racing once again. I would love to see this car in the 24 hour race on the Nordschleife!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I spoke with Ralf Kelleners about this car. Ralf drove for the Rahal Letterman team last year and when I asked him about driving the M3 next year he said it will likely be BMW factory drivers. It seems BMW is might be serious about motorsport racing once again. I would love to see this car in the 24 hour race on the Nordschleife!
Jorg Muller, Augusto Farfus, Andy Priaulx...at least that is what the article said...would be the drivers for tha Rahal/Letterman Team.
Not a bad bunch....ya think??:cool2:
S

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
According to the news at the posted link above, this car will start racing in 2009.
kinda a bummer, i was looking forward to them doing it for the 08 season. :grrrrr:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Jorg Muller, Augusto Farfus, Andy Priaulx...at least that is what the article said...would be the drivers for tha Rahal/Letterman Team.
Not a bad bunch....ya think??:cool2:
S
That's quite a line-up. They are still shy maybe one driver--especially when you look at the 24 and 12 hour races. It will be interesting to see what develops. I will certainly be following the news.:cheers:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
That's quite a line-up. They are still shy maybe one driver--especially when you look at the 24 and 12 hour races. It will be interesting to see what develops. I will certainly be following the news.:cheers:
Maybe Rahal's son???...he is supposed to be a fairly good driver.
S

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
BMW is going to dish out some punishment on Porsche....

Haha Porsche, all your base belong to us......BMW

·
Registered
4 Posts
BMW is back in racing because...

They now have an M3 on the showroom to sell. Some of you wondered why PTG is not racing the car. PTG had a long and very successful relationship with BMW, but when the new M3 was not going to be ready for the '07 season, they parted ways, and it was not amicable. BMW refused to put money out in '07 if they could not use it to sell cars on the showroom floor. The rumors about PTG running a Z4 were just that. BMW only has one racecar that the factory will back, and that's the M3. They continued in the ALMS with PTG in '06 to finish out their contract, but the cars were underpowered and overall had less than typical PTG results.

Now PTG is with Panoz because that's what they do - build and race cars for manufacturers. Never forget, racing is a business first! :M5rev:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
They now have an M3 on the showroom to sell. Some of you wondered why PTG is not racing the car. PTG had a long and very successful relationship with BMW, but when the new M3 was not going to be ready for the '07 season, they parted ways, and it was not amicable. BMW refused to put money out in '07 if they could not use it to sell cars on the showroom floor. The rumors about PTG running a Z4 were just that. BMW only has one racecar that the factory will back, and that's the M3. They continued in the ALMS with PTG in '06 to finish out their contract, but the cars were underpowered and overall had less than typical PTG results.

Now PTG is with Panoz because that's what they do - build and race cars for manufacturers. Never forget, racing is a business first! :M5rev:
That is understood....BMW said they would not campaign a factory car in 07 because there was no factory car to campaign....this is not the first time that BMW has sat out a year....I am sure you recall the season the Porsche guys cried foul when PTG showed up with an M3GTR with a kick *** V8...LOL
Sorry to see it end...Mr. Milner was/is a very nice fellow...was always accomodating with fans. When BMW started campaigning with PTG in 95 they started a Victory Circle Club for BMWCCA enthusiasts...was alot of fun while it lasted...Pete Halsmer & David Donohue were the first PTG drivers in the E36...well I will be looking forward to 09!!
S

252 Posts
i dont see bmw talking the reigns from porsche not until the company as a whole decides to crack down on the motorsports division, with the refinment of this current m3 however, porsches run does seem quit bleek, having kept engine and styling ques pretty much inline. any idea as to when we could expect to see the bmw on track.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
i dont see bmw talking the reigns from porsche not until the company as a whole decides to crack down on the motorsports division, with the refinment of this current m3 however, porsches run does seem quit bleek, having kept engine and styling ques pretty much inline. any idea as to when we could expect to see the bmw on track.
I doubt that you will see a privateer team before a factory backed one.
and as this season has started....09 is your best bet.
Regards
S

1 - 20 of 21 Posts