BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished up an interior trim for a 04-07 BMW 645ci 650i that I wrapped in the new 3M 1080 CARBON FIBER vinyl. This type of finish is becoming more and more popular since people are getting away from the clear coated carbon fiber finishes. The trim is an OEM set of the silver trim option that you can get in a 04-07 6-series for around $1300.00 I believe. This is also a totally reversible process. If for some reason you want to restore the interior trim back to the OEM silver trim you can do so at anytime. Simply peel off the vinyl, and wipe the trim pieces down with some rubbing alcohol and all is back to the original finish with no blemishes at all. This vinyl is very durable, and moisture resistant. you can clean it by simply just wiping it off with a damp rag, it will not stain. If you get some armoral or vinyl dressing on it, simply wipe it off with some rubbing alcohol and it's all good.

OEM BMW 04-07 silver trim worth $1300.00, Custom wrapped in Carbon Fiber Vinyl (around 5hrs of labor) for $300.00. I would be interested in working out some sort of trade for your trim if you don't want it, I would like to wrap that and sell it to another lucky owner n so on...
Mark Wu
206-707-6491
Renton Skyway
DIY instal link: 6 series interior trim removal - bimmerfest - BMW Forums
Check out some of my work:
Carbon Fiber Wraps Interior Exterior Fabric 3M DI-NOC | Facebook

·
Registered
933 Posts
That actually looks quite good...is that a white stiching I see at the bottom and other areas of the trim panels? If so, I like how that looks compared to the other CF wrapped trims which are plain.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slammed M6: not white stitching, just the way the light hits it with the flash on the camera. but it does look very wet/glossy with a textured feel to it.

Formiga: thanks! yea, that took like 4hrs to do...

Mark Carson: a "real" oem carbon fiber set for the m6 is $$$ around $2500.00 from Roveractiv on ebay. so it's pretty bid diff since i only want $300.00 for this set, less if your willing to give up your existing trim so i can wrap it n offer it to another 6-series owner!

BMW Genuine E63 E64 M6 CARBON FIBER Interior Trim Kit - eBay (item 8058840935 end time Jan-24-11 17:27:12 PST)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice job on the wrap! You said that you used silver trim pieces to wrap. I am looking for silver trim but I am not sure where to get them. Where did you get the silver pieces and will they fit a 2007 M6?
Also what other colors or textures can you do the wrap in?
Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quisp: i got this set from a 6-series owner that wanted wood instead. he bought some trim from someone and gave me this one since i provided him with my DIY link in bimmerfest on how to remove/install. so i wrapped it up! yes i can wrap trim in various colors, i have around 12 to choose from, you can check out my facebook link below with pics:

Välkommen till Facebook

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thats cool. I was not aware that the regular 6 series fit the M6, but then again i am a M6 newbie and there is a lot I dont know. When the car gets here I have a lot to learn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts