BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

79k total miles but <10k on the stroker motor. Rod bearings went at 69K, so replaced the motor with the Dinan S3 package, which includes the 5.8L stroker motor (628 hp and 482 lb-ft of torque). I am out of the country because of work, and wanted to see the interest in a sale or trade. No rush to sell.

Saphire Black/Black
SMG

Trunk could use a respray, but rest of the car is perfect:

Dinan Stage 2 suspension
Dinan BBS CH-R 19” wheels
New Conti Extreme Contact Sport tires;
265/35/ZR/19 Front
305/30/ZR19 Rear
Dinan Full exhaust
Dinan Resonators
CCC - CIC upgrade with factory backup camera and DVD-in-motion options
Dinan Airboxes
Dinan Throttle bodies
Dinan 5.8L Stroker motor (10k)
Dinan 3.91 differential
All factory options (last 7 of VIN so you can check: B584960)
Dinan stage 3 SW
All CARB stickers (For those trapped in CA)
Integrated Apple AirPlay

Happy to answer any questions or provide any specific photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Manual or SMG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I should have included that in the original post.

SMG, and the pump was replaced when the motor was swapped.

It's added now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, that's what we need to figure out. According to Truecar.com. it's worth about 10k, but they can't factor in the S3 upgrades and the new motor. Auction sites from a few years ago (The only other S3 for sale I was able to find) went for $65,800 with more miles on the motor than this one has.

I didn't want to come here and ask something crazy, nor something foolishly low. I've met some great people on this board, and figured I'd throw it out here, and see where we land and what we can agree is market value.

Short answer is, I have been looking at used X5's and they are coming in around 45k. So something close to that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All work since the day I bought the car in 2012 has been done at Dinan in Mountain View, and continued at Steve's shop once he sold the Dinan name. Have all records and receipts. The CCC - CIC upgrade was done through BimmerTech. This includes new controller and console pieces, while keeping all of the factory trim. It has the backup camera and DVD-in-motion options.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure, I'll take some pics this morning, and post them this afternoon. Please let me know if you want pics of anything specific.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sdotbimmer,

Haven't forgotten the pics. I'bve just been working late. I'll be able to send them tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please let me know if you would like any specific pictures of anything more.

Thanks,
Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any requests for other pics of anything about the car?

If not, I'll expand the note to other sites, but I wanted to post here first. I've always received good advice, and met some great people here over the years, an d wanted to give the folks here first shot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good afternoon! Just signed up here as I'm researching this exact car and trying to see what else is out there. I'm active over on the bimmerforum site but was referred here as this is a more active M5 discussion group.

I'm very interested in the S3 E60, feel free to message me here (not sure if it works though since I literally signed up today) or email climbinggonzo at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

Andy

ps - I tried to message you here but was denied as I'm too new to send private messages. Probably a spam-bot thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks sdotbimmer! That should be a big help for all. Those are the old style Dinan wheels with the link you sent. Here's a pic of what I am running. This is right after the new tires were mounted, so I'm sorry it's not a glamour shot.

Andy, I replied to your email

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
FWIW the auction car is super clean and w/ manual transmission and the seller confirmed that the reserve has been met at $35,000 giving a clear indication of expectations. My guess is that is where yours should be but who knows what will happen at the end of that auction!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good point. This could work out for everyone. Even if that car in the auction goes for 70k, it won't affect my car. I'm looking to get into a different car, and think I'm in the ballpark for a trade or a sale for around that value.

However, if it stays at 35k, I'll have to adjust my expectations as to market value. It will just mean I'll have to kick in more for the next car.

The curse of owning an S3, is that there isn't really much more you could do to the car, and I'm not interested in putting a supercharger into it now. The reliability has a value for me that far outweighs that HP bump. I can't really say that I use the HP that it has now. But it is nice to go for weeks without seeing a car that is more capable. Especially for a sedan.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Buyer backed our last minute, or was never serious, so it is back up for sale. I"ll put it on Bring a Trailer this weekend if there are no takers here. Including and extra front BBS/Dinan wheel with slight parking scuff, original OEM springs, and Original CCC unit and original owners manual. I'll keep it at $45K for this forum, but it will go for higher on BAT. Having the trunk painted on Monday (as per my agreement with the guy who backed out), so nothing needs to be done anymore.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts