BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Would love to get some feedback on the start of the E60 M5 Enthusiast Buyers guide! Let me know if I have missed anything really important, and I still need to go through it to fix some small grammar mistakes, but wanted to get your opinions first!

SL Bmw E60 M5 BG | Schnell List

"Bmw decided to follow its roots and installed a monsterous V10 into the E60 M5. What roots did they follow, simple, their Formula 1 team. Ricky Bobby will most certainly finish last against Bmw’s ultimate sedan. Now how can you own a V10 Nascar ***-kicking sedan, easy, take out a loan, borrow from a friend, give blood or other things… but please buy one! With prices dropping faster than Chris Christy falling from a plane, you can now afford to own a 500hp V10 luxury boat for the price of a new Taurus, sounds tempting right?"

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
QUOTE "With prices dropping faster than Chris Christy falling from a plane, you can now afford".........

Add: "but only if the hole in your pocket (from repairs) is not as deep as the hole when Cristy hits the turf" LOL

A good start, I will let others speak from experience.

P.S. I like your blog and the pictures on the Pikes Peak AirStrip Attack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE "With prices dropping faster than Chris Christy falling from a plane, you can now afford".........

Add: "but only if the hole in your pocket (from repairs) is not as deep as the hole when Cristy hits the turf" LOL

Haha, I love it! Thanks for the addition, I will definitely put it in the buyers guide lol! Thanks for checking out the blog I appreciate it! We also have the classified search engine that brings together automotive listings from all the big car websites, this makes it easier to search for cars so you dont have to search several different websites.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Slow gearchanges and flashing gear symbol on DIS: Probably SMG software or pump failure. Or clutch has worn out and is beyond normal automatic adjustment. Do not have your clutch adaptations reset if you think your clutch might be worn, it'll do more damage.
Incorrect. The first step in a poorly shifting SMG is to reperform the adaptation. A failure to adapt will identify a pre-existing problem that you would have otherwise been oblivious to.

Edit: is this a commercial entity? M5board's parent company (AutoGuide/Vertical Scope) prohibits commercial posting by non-sponsor of the forum. If you like, I can ask one of the Admins to put you in contact with the sales department for AG.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Every 3rd oil change brings around a main-service including engine oil, plugs, filters, engine check, SMG service, diff service and some other stuff.

Who woulda guessed?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Incorrect.
To clarify that statement, there is no automatic adjustment for the clutch kiss point. The variable stored in the SMG during the adaptation process will be the same at 100k as it was when initially installed if there has not be an adaptation performed in between. This was BMW's biggest failing, IMO, not specifying a "recalibration" so to speak for the SMG's sensors and control valves.

The myth of not readapting started several years ago and no one has any technical rationale behind it with any logic. Over the last two years, the SMG failure components, fixes, and diagnostic processes have become more common knowledge on this forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Just added your edit and gave you credit at the bottom of the buyers guide! Here is the link to the new one,

SL Bmw E60 M5 BG | Schnell List

·
Registered
47 Posts
And expect more trips to the gas station than you visit the loo.
Otherwise you are not driving it properly and should get 3 litre diesel instead.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,264 Posts
Ahem...missing two words: Rod Bearings

1 - 12 of 12 Posts