BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
Im at k miles, year 2005. I washed the Engine bay and 30 minutes after this problem came up,
When holding full throttle the cars goes into limpmode, DSC, start assistance shows up and engine fault reduces power shows up and the max rpms are 4500. This usaually happens at 120-130mph when holding the throttle wide open from about 20mph. To get it to run like normal again I just restart the car. Last time I tried it happened 3 of 3 times.

The codes I get everytime this happens is:

ABS / DSC / Brake: 005E19 Engine torque is not adjustable CAN
Engine: 00CD8B Bus from idle speed control valve / SMG CAN
Engine: 002B57 check at lower top (I have been getting this one for a long time so I guess its nothing to do with my problem)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Check no water is accumulated under the intake plenum, chase any water presence, make sure no water entered the DME compartment remove the connectors and check/dry as required.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check no water is accumulated under the intake plenum, chase any water presence, make sure no water entered the DME compartment remove the connectors and check/dry as required.
Is the DME located under the copé filter? to the right under the windscreen?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Is the DME located under the copé filter? to the right under the windscreen?
Yes inside a sealed compartment but you never know, it's worth to double check no water entered that area.
Okey why do i get no codes on the idle Throttle actuators?
Impurity in water make it conduct current, when it gets in between the electric connectors will create false signals, the DME will be like you inject a lethal substance into someone's brain don't expect it to react as you would normally do.

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
420 Posts
I recently came up with the bright idea of using compressed air to clean my engine(s) compartments. don't know why it took me so long to figure this out. it can do a great job on dirt that is caked, but not oiled. just get real close to the caked dirt, and it will fly away. may have to try this in my Firebird A/C vents next.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Were combining two parts I think.

Throttle actuators - pn 13627834494
and Idle actuators - pn 13417834495

Your code points to the idle actuators. Sounds like an expensive mistake either way.

Reactions: flacoramos
1 - 10 of 10 Posts