BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for sale is a set of USED E39 OEM (1997-2003) interior trim in finish "Matte Chrome" aka "Satin Chrome" RealOEM link

The set is in some-what decent condition.

I have to say this first, the camera makes the trim look better than it really is. The bright finish is reflecting so much light, regardless of flash on/off. All the photos are high-res and should be downloadable from Photobucket for better inspection.

There are scratches/"spots" of imperfections.

Notes:
-"Spots" on both front door pieces (more-so towards the left most end near the B-Pillar) - Driver side has more "spots" than passenger side.
-Center console has scratches and one dark rub mark that wont come out (located in the larger portion of console)
-Ash tray door was missing the black trim piece that sits in just under the finger pad. (I picked one out of a wood trim set and can glue it in place... matte-chrome does not use a screw, so I have to improvise).. Door still closes fine. I didn't glue it already since I may wrap the trim if it does not sell.
The entire console trim piece is currently detached, but will be re-attached if sold.
-Dash piece that goes under airbag has some scratches.

Cleaning tips:
-It does not like water!
-VERY prone to fingerprints, prints do not come off easy :(
-Polishing then immediately wiping seems to work.

$245 SHIPPED to the lower 48, sorry no international. (Upon committing to buy I will re-attach the ashtray door piece and work on final sale, unless I'm told otherwise)

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump :)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Reactions: Dking078

·
Registered
2,869 Posts