BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats on the sell, hopefully you don't miss her too much?

Just wondering, did you get near the $42k you were asking?
- feel free to PM me, been in the market for a while, just trying to gauge the price bracket. As this is the best of the best!

I tried to PM you but I need a post count of 45+ ????????????

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats on the sell, hopefully you don't miss her too much?

Just wondering, did you get near the $42k you were asking?
- feel free to PM me, been in the market for a while, just trying to gauge the price bracket. As this is the best of the best!

I tried to PM you but I need a post count of 45+ ????????????
she is still in the garage.. ships out tomorrow so dont miss her yet.
yes i got very close to what i was asking.
i bumped up the price on car sales to weed out the tyre kickers.
i know i will miss the M5 but i also made a deal with the buyer that if he ever wants to sell to call me first. For me right now it is the right move, i dont drive it much at all and i want to expand the business.
ill still lurk on the board like a proper creep ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fellow board members I am interested in purchasing an E39 M5 so if any of you are in interested or know of anyone interested in selling their beast please PM me for more details.

Thanks guys and best wishes for the holidays.

·
Registered
14 Posts
E39 M5 for sale

Fellow board members I am interested in purchasing an E39 M5 so if any of you are in interested or know of anyone interested in selling their beast please PM me for more details.

Thanks guys and best wishes for the holidays.
G'day 5454....sorry I cant PM yet buddy but I'm considering selling mine...
PM me for more info
Cheers ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote - A 1999 M5 has just popped up in NSW: 1999 BMW M5 E39

I'm a bit suss on that car... he's only had it for 18months, travelled almost 10,000k's and he's only topped up the oil. Plus he's put Korean tyres on it

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #251

I'm a bit suss on that car... he's only had it for 18months, travelled almost 10,000k's and he's only topped up the oil. Plus he's put Korean tyres on it
Did you end up picking the lemans blue one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nah mate, the seller changed his mind before I could have it check it out.

He decided to keep it and said he'll regret selling it... proves to me it was a good a car

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Bugga

·
Registered
1 Posts
Suss?

Spoke to the owner. Selling as his house burnt down but the garage, with the m5 in it, survived. Pixels are playing up. Has never serviced the car during ownership....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Guys who are looking for an e39 M5 be wary of this vehicle,

2001 BMW M5 E39 - carsales.com.au

the car from the photos posted doesn't have the correct bumper nor the right windscreen (no rain sensor there and wrong rear view mirror). I have spoken to the gentlemen and he seems nice and willing to provide what has been carried out on the car. however, he has no prior knowledge of the vehicle (how many owners before him and so forth). anyway, thought will do a revs check on the vehicle and it seems that it was declared as an economic write off in 2008 for a collision of some sort, I guess the front side of the car. and had a write off inspection in July 2010, due to the vehicle being involved in Victoria floods in 2010.

if anyone needs the report I am happy to PM it to them.
Many thanks for the info, Mohum.

It's up for sale again: BMW M5 E39 2001 Permormance AND Luxury in Sebastopol, VIC | eBay (in case the link dies, it's a silver car with a VIN ending in 672). Craig claimed to be unaware of the written-off status, but I believe he has previously been informed.

Mechanically the car seemed fine, but the non-disclosure of the write-off made me very suspicious about the car in general.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Be careful if anyone is tempted by the cheap Avus blue with red leather M5 currently on Ebay. It is likely VIN WBSDE92060BJ10147, which means it is a repaired write-off (not mentioned in the ad, very naughty!). Also, it might be worth knowing that a few months ago there was an ad for the car which said the gearbox was broken.

241 - 257 of 257 Posts