BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Thats Apples, a board member. The car has the full Nowack conversion, near 500 horsepower. He doesn't have much time to post lately given his professional careeer and racing hobbies.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Richard in NC said:
Thats Apples, a board member. The car has the full Nowack conversion, near 500 horsepower. He doesn't have much time to post lately given his professional careeer and racing hobbies.
Doesn't the orange segments on the tach flash on the Nowak cars when redline is reached?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I can't anser to that but if I recall, his was an early one. Maybe they didn't do that on the first ones.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
If i remember correct he was not happy with nowack as the power they said it had never appeared.

·
Banned
453 Posts
He's shifting @ 7500 rpm so he definitely has some chip work, tach is moving slow, probably stock gears. Other than that its hard to tell just by looking at the gauges..

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Great vid. Anyone know how to rip it from that site? I like to keep the good ones on file.

·
Registered
49,475 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I hate to repeat myself, but those aren't Nowack gauges in the video, nor do they match the photo of of the gauges found in the link Gustav posted

??????

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
that is one of the best looking wheels on an M5 imho... beautiful car.
Mike

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I found this old thread linking to the video file I have. The link doesn't appear to be working :(
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31841
If someone can host it, I can upload it for those that want to keep it.

For stock gearing, it would be 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears. Watch the odometer. He goes 1.2 miles with more than 1/2 the distance above 140mph.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
phillym5 said:
Just thought I'd make a quick comparison. It takes thar Nowack car 12.2 seconds to get from 60-130.
here is a video of the D/A M5. It takes 8.0-8.1 seconds to go 60-130. This is on a 90%humid day at 90degrees outside. The nitrous cooler was not active.

josh.

http://media.putfile.com/60--140
Supercharged car with 600hp vs N/A car with 500hp, more like 450 though, thats why.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.