BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are electric Napa Leather Sport Seats that were removed from a 1991 BMW M5
They are extremely rare and never found in this condition.

They will fit any E34 5 series and any E32 7 Series as shown below.
E34   (03/1987 — 12/1996)
E32   (10/1985 — 08/1994)
May also fit other models but buyer to verify fit

The color code for these seats is 0438 Light Silver Grey.
May also be a match to the early color code Silver Grey Nappa

The seats were in excellent condition with some faulty switches and/or minor discoloration and/or wear.

Since being removed from the car they have been painstakingly an professionally restored to nearly perfect condition. The seats were cleaned and restored with new switches installed as needed.

Operation of all electrically controlled functions is 100% and has been verified: the seats move front to rear, up and down, the seat backs recline and raise, as do the headrest, the thigh supports move in and out.
All move smoothly and through their full range of motion as shown in the pictures.

The seats are in fantastic condition cosmetically and functionally.

Included with the seats are the electric connector / pigtail from the car along with the seat belt receptacles and mounting bolts.

With the included pigtails these seats could be an upgrade replacing mechanical seats by simply wiring power and ground to each of the supplied pigtails.

Due to the weight and bulk of the seats shipping by freight is the only means possible. If shipping is required they will be bolted to a pallet and covered with boxes. Packing and shipping in the US only at a flat rate of $400.

Local pick up highly preferred.

No low ball offers please,
Junk versions on ebay needing complete recovering are selling for $750 a pair. Leather alone to cover would cost the same as these seats

Selling for $1550 or BRO

Pictures can be found here:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a 1991 M5, with the power sport seats. These will electrically direct-connect to my car? (the pig-tails are only for cars that currently have manual seats?)

Also, are these heated? And, does that function work?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they will connect directly to your car and you won't need the pigtails. I removed the pigtails from the car to be able to bench test all the functions of the seats with them out of the car by hooking up the +12v and ground leads to a battery. I'm including them in the event someone would like to upgrade from manual to electric seats. They might also be helpful in positioning the seats for installation.

These are not heated seats.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It may just be the lighting in your pictures but they look like the early/ darker silver grey?
Do you have the rear seats as well?
I was looking to reupholster mine but this would be a far more economical option.... even with shipping

1 - 5 of 5 Posts