1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BMW E34 – Nitiation Calendar, Yosemite Road Trip – October 18/19 2014

Disclaimer:
---------------------------------------------
This a pay your own way event. This means even me the organizer pays my own way to attend. All attendees will be responsible for paying for their own meals, entry fees, rentals, hotels, gratuity, gas, etc.

Organizing social drives and events are my hobbies and I enjoy putting them on. The trip will contain several checkpoints to pick up folks along the way with a final checkpoint of Groveland, CA and Yosemite National Park.
The E34 – Nitiation Calendar, Yosemite Road Trip is a fun, two-day recreational event for the E34 chassis; other BMW models may be driven but will not make it into the calendar.

The two-day trip will start at Target in Hollister, CA at 7AM; from there the group of BMW E34s will drive East through Pacheco Pass and into Madera for its first Check Point at Vintage Buick Cadillac GMC (8:30AM). If needed the Group will refuel and drive north to Mariposa, CA while passing through the town of Oakhurst and some of the most tranquil pieces of pavement in California. After leaving the second checkpoint at the Americas Best Value Inn - Mariposa Lodge, the Group will continue on Hwy 49 to Grovland, CA. The final stretch will include amazing elevation changes incorporating switchbacks and showcase turns along steep cliff-side drops; this portion of the drive is intended for those that are experienced and confident along the mountain edges. Once the Group climbs ___ft. to Groveland, the final checkpoint, it will make its way into the Yosemite National Forrest towards El Capitain and Half Dome for opportunities to take pictures in E34 –Nitiation’s 2015 Calendar (E34 models only).

The second day of the event the Group will be reconvening at the Groveland Mary Laveroni Community Park at 8AM for another day of driving through the Yosemite Valley for photo opps, twisty roads, and then head back South on Wawona Rd, and connect onto Hwy 41 for the final decent back into Oakhurst, CA.
Lodging – All drivers will need to make accommodations at their own cost. It works best to rent out a house/condo in Pine Mountain Lake with others to cut down on your expenses. If you prefer there are hotel accommodations within the city limits. If you stay with someone who is organizing the rental unit, be sure to pay them promptly along one of the checkpoints to mitigate future problems. The Group event is intended to be fun so be sure to pay with cash and not have the organizer ask about it.
Gas – There are gas stations along every checkpoint and the Group will need to speak up if additional refueling is needed. It is suggested to bring cash as it may be cheaper to refuel than when using credit cards.
Fees – The fees paid at the Yosemite National Park should be good for seven days so be sure not to lose your ticket/pass. Fees & Reservations - Yosemite National Park (U.S. National Park Service)
Again, this a pay your own way event. This means even me the organizer pays my own way to attend. All attendees will be responsible for paying for their own meals, entry fees, rentals, hotels, gratuity, gas, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts