BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been offered this car for not alot of cash(sub £500) Its seems genuine enough,plaque,wheels,interior are all there. Couldnt tell you the reg or build no. off the top of my head! It needs some TLC/restoration but is ultimately pretty solid. 180k plus miles so you can imagine! I was planning to buy it to use as a bit of a run around to keep the mileage from going through the roof on my e34 M5 (about 8/900 a week at the min.) The thing is,is it actually worth anything???? I have read that it is technically not a 'proper' Alpina and is a Synter conversion,with only 22 made???? The fact remains its still all in the 7er that nobody wants!! I dont want to go spending cash on it to find that i dont like it and end up stuck with it as a garden ornament!

·
Registered
184 Posts
very hard to say wether its worth it without any pic's

but very rare !

0-60 in 6.8
top speed of around 150 mph
260 bhp

very impressive for an old 7
build # would need to be checked
does it have the original engine ?

if you have any pic's please email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
374 Posts
I Remember these. Very rare. For that kind of money if it has the original engine and can be MOT'd easily then its worth it. When Autocar tested one it was quicker than the e28.

As for technically not an Alpina i'd say it was. At that time the only way to get a RHD Alpina was to get it from Sytners, they were the only company in the world that were allowed to make them other than Alpina, so as far as I am concerned it is an Alpina. Speak to Alpina46 and to Kees, they will tell you.

I went for a drive in one of these with my brother , as a passenger as I was quite young and its was really quick. It left a 450SEL s class mercedes for dead. And that was quick. It was the first car id been in at 140mph!!!!

My first e28 B9 was a 528i on the log book, and my e28 B10 was a 535i on the log book, so dont worry about it mate.

Id go for it.

Put some pictures up.:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Geach said:
Hi all, I've been offered this car for not alot of cash(sub £500) Its seems genuine enough,plaque,wheels,interior are all there. Couldnt tell you the reg or build no. off the top of my head! It needs some TLC/restoration but is ultimately pretty solid. 180k plus miles so you can imagine! I was planning to buy it to use as a bit of a run around to keep the mileage from going through the roof on my e34 M5 (about 8/900 a week at the min.) The thing is,is it actually worth anything???? I have read that it is technically not a 'proper' Alpina and is a Synter conversion,with only 22 made???? The fact remains its still all in the 7er that nobody wants!! I dont want to go spending cash on it to find that i dont like it and end up stuck with it as a garden ornament!
Dan

Mail me!
I'll fill you in on the car itself.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Geach said:
Pics and any additional info i can find to follow
Dan

What colour is the car? And have you seen it?
The e23's aren't worth a great deal, even in Alpina form. One just went for £2500 on eBay and that was more or less perfect except the paintjob!
I have a B10 e23, so contact me and I can give you whatever you want to know.
Have done extensive research on them, and in answer to your question about genuine Alpina's, they are!

AG

·
Registered
374 Posts
Andy G said:
Dan

What colour is the car? And have you seen it?
The e23's aren't worth a great deal, even in Alpina form. One just went for £2500 on eBay and that was more or less perfect except the paintjob!
I have a B10 e23, so contact me and I can give you whatever you want to know.
Have done extensive research on them, and in answer to your question about genuine Alpina's, they are!

AG
Well Said Andy,

They are definetley True ALPINA'S.

Andy any pictures of your car?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Amjad Ali said:
Well Said Andy,

They are definetley True ALPINA'S.

Andy any pictures of your car?
I have, but they/it is a little rough around the edges at the moment!
I'll try and get a small site together about the work in progress over the coming months.
opefully Dan will give us some more info..................Over to you Dan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts