·
Registered
509 Posts
Oh god.....I am now editing my videos Youtube, just in case :eek7:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking as long as you don't show a license plate or your face they can't prove anything. Even if your license plate was evident they can't prove YOU were driving.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
He volunteered too much information!! Always let them speak first and keep the answers short, to the point and closed-end. The more you talk, the higher the potential for this type of outcome!! ouich

·
Registered
196 Posts
They apparently caught him with the camera in his lap after clocking him on radar at 118mph. I am thinking he is not a "rocket surgeon" based on this photo...

He apparently also chose to engage in his land speed record attempt on a rainy night when there were 50 mph winds and branches down on the freeway.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
IDIOT!

They apparently caught him with the camera in his lap after clocking him on radar at 118mph. I am thinking he is not a "rocket surgeon" based on this photo...

He apparently also chose to engage in his land speed record attempt on a rainy night when there were 50 mph winds and branches down on the freeway.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
lol how funny. I have several vids doing over 150 mph, however they were in Germany :)

They would have to prove it was you driving and your car to actually convict you of anything if you posted it on youtube. But this guy.....well, he is just an idiot lol

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Appears the eastern europeans are out of control in the Great Northwest.:7:
Remember this guy: Local News | Driver arrested after being clocked at over 135 mph on Highway 520 bridge | Seattle Times Newspaper
And he was also sighted for "deeply tinted windows" hiha

The guy in the original post was not stopped because of his video. But being an idiot (by telling them his plans), they will use it against him in court. However, afterward he should get his property returned to him and if he so chooses, he could post it to YouTube after his court proceedings. So we may be able to see this asshat in action after all. Sounds like the wrong night for a high speed run regardless of law enforcement.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
It was a 2005 black BMW so it couldn't have been an M6. Not sure how they could confiscate the video? Also doesn't say if he was arrested after it was posted on Youtube. I'll try to find other info.

Man jailed after filming himself driving 140 mph - Yahoo! News
Yup -- that was about 20 miles up the highway from my house. He actually was stupid enough to tell the officer that he was speeding so he could record it and post it on Youtube (at which point, the officer confiscated the video recorder). Nothing like providing more evidence.

He was already facing some serious charges as he was caught doing WELL over 100 MPH in the afternoon hours (with plenty of traffic present).

As with many states, I believe Oregon law takes your license for one year and you go to jail when caught speeding 100 MPH or over. I'm not sure what the final charges are, but I believe they are misdemeanor reckless driving charges.

-b.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts