BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ended up purchasing a package from [email protected] I had a few hiccups with the install and contacted the seller. For some reason the exe file provided to open ISID in VMware was not working. According to the seller the question I was asking him was irrelevant according to him because I didn't follow and finish installation steps 1-5 in order. But how could I finish steps 1-5 if i was stuck at 3. It wasn't user error. He insisted I go back and finish steps 1-5 and then call him. He also gave me an option of installing it remotely for a 3 hour fee if I couldn't follow direction or wasn't computer savvy. It just seemed like they were irritated and bothered with newbie questions or problems so I didn't call them back. I ended up sorting things out myself by going into VMware and opening the ISID file from the C drive. I guess the EXE shortcut provided by them wouldn't work on my windows 8 machine which caused me to be stuck at step 3.

Since I really don't know how each program works I've been using the search button for tutorials. The package came with INPA, Edibias with Toolset32, WinkFP, NCSexpert, ICom emulator with key, ISTA/D, and ISTA/P. Which one is commonly used? Is the ISTA/D a one stop shop? I should have done a little bit of more research before pulling the trigger on this software. Looks like people are downloading it for free and buying the cable.

Can someone explain how the ICOM emulator and key work. I know the ICOM is an actual device you can buy but the emulator acts as that device through the USB to OBD BMW ediabas INPA cable I have plugged into my computer? Would this ICOM emulator be stable enough for me to flash EURO SMG software onto my 2008? I should be asking these questions to seller but I think i would get a better response from the forum members.

I plan to read fault codes, replace clutch, rod-bearings, remove start up warning on the CCC, Flash Euro SMG software, & change battery in the near future. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

·
Registered
666 Posts

·
2,149 Posts
eu autohaus is garbage, and the people that own/work there are even more garbage. They gave me hell when it didnt work on my comp and i try to get some support, they call me a lier etc.. STAY AWAY

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Macbook Air seems to work fine for me too. Fits nicely in the driver's seat-back pocket. Keeping your diagnostic setup in a virtual machine allows for easy duplication and backup in case of an "oops"

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
666 Posts
All you need is a k+dcan cable. I did my euro flash for the SMG and japan flash for DME and they only took ~5 minutes. You will need to download the flash archives though to get all the flash data. The current version of them is 53.3. Daten 53.3 is the first version used in ISPI NEXT.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chariot where the heck were you a month ago? Why isn't this in the diy section? I'll PayPal you if you email me the links to all I need haha..

·
Registered
666 Posts
Keep in mind that it is $10 for an invitation code; you need an invitation code to join the forum; you need to join the forum to download the files.
Invitation codes are free when received from existing members with invite credits. ....Just gotta know someone. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts