BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty cool and interesting. Wish I had the cash for one to put the 6 in :1:

Boeing 787 interior by BMW DesignworksUSA - Car Body Design

"Design studio DesignworksUSA has developed an interior design for long range aircraft which is based on an original three-dimensional concept. The project was commissioned by Boeing for its 777, 787 and 747-800 models.
Boeing Business Jets used the concept developed by BMW Group DesignworksUSA for the 787 Dreamliner as a marketing tool to draw potential clients’ attention to the benefits of its fleet of wide-bodied aircraft comprising the models 777, 787 Dreamliner and 747-800.

Consequently, the design proposals were permitted to deliberately extend beyond traditional regulated limitations.

Design

The long-haul aircraft interior design developed by BMW Group DesignworksUSA forges a unique link between diversity and modern luxury tailor-made to individual requirements.

The interior space is absed on a new three-dimensional concept that replaces the traditional structure normally found in conventional aircraft.

The lateral usage of space is complemented by a multi level vertical experience giving Boeing 787 conceived by BMW Group DesignworksUSA a predominantly open-spaced atmosphere in which even longer flights become a pleasant experience.

With vertical lines and a high degree of transparency – right down to a glass floor that provides a view onto the vehicles parked in the cargo hold below – a very versatile environment has been created.

The unique interior design of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner is conceived for just about 20 passengers.

The designers have given special consideration to the needs of highly discerning travellers to whom an aircraft is not solely a means of transport, but also a place to live and express their personality.

The ideal daily routine in which office duties, caring for guests, relaxing, and recuperating prior to starting another busy day and after landing at a destination were key design objectives.

The concept includes an exclusive leisure environment created for the international business traveller to rejuvenate and enjoy some quiet time.

From the desk the traveller’s eyes may wander through the electro chromatic glass enabling a glance throughout the main lounge with the cocktail bar in the foreground.

A fully equipped gourmet kitchen and a big-screen theatre are also at his or her disposal.

An elegantly furnished master suite is available for the owners usage and there is two spacious guest suites for fellow passengers.

A fitness centre, sauna and wellness facilities are located on the lower level of the passenger area.

A section of the cargo hold is reserved for vehicle transportation.

The basis of the concept implemented by BMW Group DesignworksUSA was the vision of combining individual lifestyle with the unlimited freedom of travelling.

With the partitioning of the cabin into different horizontal levels, an entirely new dimension in travel has been achieved.

Through the inclusion of part of the cargo hold, it was possible to increase the space occupied by passengers during their stay on board. The result is a feeling of spaciousness far superior to the conditions that prevail on conventional commercial aircraft. This is enhanced by elegant and distinctively designed fittings featuring bright, high-grade materials, state-of-the-art technology and architecturally sophisticated details.

"By rendering this means of transport itself the center of daily routine, the designers have lifted the barriers between travelling and arriving at a destination." "

·
8,369 Posts
FYI, my profession is an electrical engineer for the Boeing company.
I have worked for Boeing now a total of 26 years.

My group designs and installs inflight entertainment systems on 777.

We basically can design & build just about anything as long as we have a customer willing to pay for it.
The Boeing Air Force 1 is a very impressive accomplishment.

Custom design comes with a premium and there arent very many individual or country willing to pay the fee.

Similar to all of you - I wish I had the money as I would custom build my own Boeing airplane too.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

We basically can design & build just about anything as long as we have a customer willing to pay for it.

Custom design comes with a premium and there arent very many individual or country willing to pay the fee.

Similar to all of you - I wish I had the money as I would custom build my own Boeing airplane too.
Dan , you're a great man my friend they should give you one for your dedication for this company .

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

That is awesome Dan. I got the priveldge of flying first class on a 777 to Buenos Aires one time and it was amazing! I am pretty sure its the only flight I have ever been on that I wished it was longer than 8 hours haha! By the time I ate 2 nice meals and slept, it wasn't long enough hiha

·
Registered
7,038 Posts

Nice to know you better Dan!

·
8,369 Posts
Thank you for the kind words folks.

Yes, flying first class is a real treat. I wish everyone can afford to fly first class as it is indeed an amazing flying experience.

FYI, when we travel for Boeing on business on an international trip - Boeing authorizes us to fly business class.
Business class is already a great treat.

When we check in for our flight, the airlines usually sees we work for Boeing and our company pays full undiscounted fare, so the airlines would typically upgrade us to first class. What a treat. Like M6Cabrio said - often times the flight is too short!

As I mentioned, for the country that can afford to pay premium for custom interior - we can do amazing things.

Here are some on line photos of one of our biggest and wealthiest customer - Emirates.
My team installs the audio and video on passenger seats and throughout the cabin.

File:Emirates Boeing 777-200LR First Class Suite.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AF4jb3xwxw

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
+1 First Class is the only way to fly. Ajax & wife recently flew Seattle > New York > London, and indeed hardly noticed the time due to the supreme comfort level. Fortunately, Ajax gets all of his air travel for free, and so always flies first whether it be a Vegas hop or global jaunt. The seat pictured is the most amazing device, which reclines in multiple stages all the way to a flat bed.

Attachments

·
8,369 Posts
Awesome! You are very fortunate my friend.

Coming out of my own pocket - I can only afford to fly coach, except when I am able to claim my mileage and fly business class on a couple of vacation trips.

+1 First Class is the only way to fly. Ajax & wife recently flew Seattle > New York > London, and indeed hardly noticed the time due to the supreme comfort level. Fortunately, Ajax gets all of his air travel for free, and so always flies first whether it be a Vegas hop or global jaunt. The seat pictured is the most amazing device, which reclines in multiple stages all the way to a flat bed.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
These images have been around for a while but they are always nice to see again - if for no other reason than to see an E64 6er couple in the cargo hold!

I think the interior needs some Hawaiian Koa wood (and maybe some champagne and gold brown merino leather) - but that's just me of course! ;)

We can all dream of owing an airliner to match our Beasts in terms of performance and luxury!!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Awesome! You are very fortunate my friend.

Coming out of my own pocket - I can only afford to fly coach, except when I am able to claim my mileage and fly business class on a couple of vacation trips.
I'm with you on that one -- and Portland to Tokyo is a long flight to do in coach. :) Even if I was in a different tax bracket, I'm too frugal to pay $3k for first class -- I'd rather help out my family or save it before squandering it on that...

-b.

Reactions: whatheheck

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First doesn't cost that much if you wait to upgrade at the ticket counter. Sometimes you don't get it on a busy flight...especially if you fly during the weekday with every other business person. However, a flight to Honolulu for us direct from Chicago was only $400 upgrade. And trust me was it worth it on a 767 with recline seats! The hour we were stuck on the tarmac for de-icing felt like 10 minutes, and after about the 8th airplane bottle, food and a nice nap, we were there in paradise!! Can't wait to do it again haha :)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
First doesn't cost that much if you wait to upgrade at the ticket counter. Sometimes you don't get it on a busy flight...especially if you fly during the weekday with every other business person. However, a flight to Honolulu for us direct from Chicago was only $400 upgrade. And trust me was it worth it on a 767 with recline seats! The hour we were stuck on the tarmac for de-icing felt like 10 minutes, and after about the 8th airplane bottle, food and a nice nap, we were there in paradise!! Can't wait to do it again haha :)
Yea, it's A LOT more expensive on truly international flights... I'd consider doing it for $400 but you can't touch it for less than $1,000 additional and even with that, they sometimes want miles too..

-b.

·
Registered
933 Posts
wow..those images look great!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts