BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...great site. I've been "lurking" around here for a while now and I am expecting to purchase within the next few months. I'm looking for a 2003 M5 (preferably Black on Black or Blue on Black) and I'm looking for something with less than 45,000 miles and bone stock.

I am looking for a "cherry" 8 or 9 out of 10 and I have been having some luck on the BMW USA search engine.

Here's my Question....I am finding M5's at dealers with 30-50K miles with the "pre-owned certified" warranty for prices around $30K-$34K. Yet when I look on private forums, ebay, Autotrader etc. I'm finding the pricing to be condiderably higher than at the actual BMW dealers.

Am I missing something here? Thanks everyone in advance....any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I paid about 5K above market for mine - but consider the piece of mind gained by meeting the previous owner, seeing his house / other cars, etc. was more than worth it. I found that dealers will say anything to move a car - even more so in the current market climate.

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
While your observation is counterintuitive, and different from my buying experience, I suppose it boils down to supply and demand. Remember: dealers have access to better acquisition prices.

Can't speak for the particulars of "pre-owned certified" in Canada. In the US, CPO is different, and at most on-board for another year, depending on the car.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts