BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know why the cupholders suck, we are missing part #18. It so the - oh crap that didnt work - engineering fix. Surprised there is no duct tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Nice catch! What is that #18 thing?

·
Registered
316 Posts
WOW...never seen that before. I would guess they're not available at the dealer either.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ironically, I believe you get it with the BMW cupholder you buy that goes in the door. I just bought two and they came with extra inserts for different size cups. Guess I will go see if it works.

·
Registered
316 Posts
let us know. I have never seen one for the door either. I guess it is something that sticks out from the door, because I don't think you can get a drink (can) into any of the door pockets.

·
Registered
316 Posts
all too true, but if you have had a coke or something else tip over when you're taking a curve at 50 mph, it would have been nice to know they made an insert for that all along. Hindsight does you no good in practical application.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I want to know where to get part #6.

Is that a blank to cover the cupholder hole?
No, that is a blank that covers the place where the switches for heated seats, sport mode, rear sunshade, PDC, etc., are.

BMW makes a blank plate for the cupholder slot, but it is gloss black and doesn't match any of the interior...

I'm working on something to fix that ;). I should have some prototype photos from the injection molders within a few weeks...

·
Registered
62 Posts
No, that is a blank that covers the place where the switches for heated seats, sport mode, rear sunshade, PDC, etc., are.

BMW makes a blank plate for the cupholder slot, but it is gloss black and doesn't match any of the interior...

I'm working on something to fix that ;). I should have some prototype photos from the injection molders within a few weeks...
Cool let me know when that is ready to roll. :cheers:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The insert that I have is too large. As for the door cupholders, those are:

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have never seen those. Interesting.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They work well, just dont slam the door with a drink inside. They have 3 screw clamps with wing nuts. You can put them anywhere in the door compartments, I have found that closest to the seat for the front passenger is best, but I have not put them in the rear yet.

Holding out for the magic #18 rings for the rear.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was expecting a picture of someone's significant other in the passenger seat holding the drinks.

That's how I'd do it. :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:rolleyes:

That would have been a better start to the thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts