BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the new iDrive/BMW Connected allow you to import addresses directly from an iphone into the Nav? For example, if I search for the closest Ruth's Chris steakhouse on the iPhone map, can I import that address directly into the Nav?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
On my 2010 M6, I can use Google maps and then send a location (via a web page, so you could do it from an iPhone I assume) which the car will receive via "My Info". You can then use that in the Nav system. So the new connected drive stuff will have that capability at a minimum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark. Do you happen to know whether the software on the 2008 and earlier iDrive can be updated to 2009 with "my info"?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Thanks Mark. Do you happen to know whether the software on the 2008 and earlier iDrive can be updated to 2009 with "my info"?
I doubt it unless you swap out your entertainment/navigation/iDrive system for a newer one. There is a thread here on the Board where some members have done that (upgraded a 2006-2008 M6 to 2009-2010 iDrive stuff) but it is hardware, not just a software update. That of course upgrades more than just the "My Info" but that might be your only ($$$) upgrade path. I think the upgrade was over $2200.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts