BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Members,
Do any of you collect original OR print BMW art/paintings/posters? I have been researching online and have looked for vintage BMW artwork for sale. I have not found an artist that specializes in BMW artwork. I am interested in (anything) M-badged OR "vintage" BMW art to decorate my office. Owning an M-5 er.."an actual piece of art" is one thing, but I cannot hang my car on my wall so I am looking for something representational of my automotive mistress to tastefully decorate the wall. Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I too collect this stuff. Best bet is bribe/buy or try to get for free from guys at bmw dealership. Otherwise ebay and there are a few sites that sell artwork. european auto source - 714.369.8524 | how fast can we make your dream go, stop and corner?

BMW Logo Panel @ autothing.com! Official BMW artwork from your ultimate driving machine

http://www.bmw-online.com/BMWRA_products.asp?page=2&mm=By+Vehicle&c=Specialty&sc=Mobile+Tradition&m=Automotive&r1=&md=&a1=ON&d1=ON&i1=ON&p1=1&p2=100&s1=&bplo=&bphi=

bmwonline.com has a bunch of collectibles once here do a search under the buy vehicle button and then check out in the specialty section. The mobile tradition always has cool stuff like the link above and racing and Mpower are cool too. I would browse around here a lot nice desk items and wall items.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If possible call up BMW 800-831-1117 ask them for a mobile tradition catalog. This is where are the goodies reside. Poster after poster, pictures galore and models and other cool things. I was up late last night going through mine and found a lot of nice things.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't know if you want original art or whatever, but I bought an M5 poster off eBay for like $20 shipped. Go look around! I threw it in a $10 frame and am gonna hang it in my recently painted garage shortly.

I bought on just like this:
eBay Motors: Poster: BMW M5 Factory Poster 1998. Mint. Hard To Find. (item 190261531383 end time Oct-27-08 21:22:10 PDT)
Picked up the same poster some time ago but haven't found a frame to mount it in. Poster is a weird non std size something like 22" x 17" so I may just have to mat it into a larger frame.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I'll paint some paintings and then put them up for auction here .hahaha

Members,
Do any of you collect original OR print BMW art/paintings/posters? I have been researching online and have looked for vintage BMW artwork for sale. I have not found an artist that specializes in BMW artwork. I am interested in (anything) M-badged OR "vintage" BMW art to decorate my office. Owning an M-5 er.."an actual piece of art" is one thing, but I cannot hang my car on my wall so I am looking for something representational of my automotive mistress to tastefully decorate the wall. Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
289 Posts
You don't have to, pictures of your car are works of art.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Poster is a weird non std size something like 22" x 17" so I may just have to mat it into a larger frame.
Nah. I found a frame @ a Michael's IIRC. It was larger by about an inch or two on each side, but the demo picture inside also has a black border.

The M5 poster just lays over the top of the demo pic creating an el cheapo matte background. Not perfect, but it's just a poster than was once folded up and is now going into a garage. :grinyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Looks good that'll work. Thanks a bunch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts