BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sort of by coincidence I found a vendor on eBay selling the complete collection of BMW's Art cars. If you're into this sort of thing I can only say that the quality of these pieces is first rate! The acrylic cases are heavy-gauge, with beautifully painted bases, and are air tight. The cars are exact replicas of the real thing, in one case all the way down to the gold and silver metal leaf used on the original. Oh, and the Z1's doors actually recess into the door frames! Each model also comes with a very high quality booklet with details and photos of every Art Car. Needless to say, I have many of these booklets now. Anyway, kudos to BMW for commissioning the originals and then following up with such high-quality reproductions :thumbsup:

I guess I should have realized it ahead of time, but I was shocked to see how HUGE the two boxes were when they arrived:

Here's why. This is the contents of one of the two boxes:

I decided to put my set in my studio, hoping it will give me some inspiration. So I built this shelf out of some scrap wood in my workshop:

The cars on the shelf:

And the Art Cars watching the new M3 on tv:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Wow! What a collection, all in one!

I have seen one art car in person, years ago at the Zentrum. I wonder if it is still there?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
In my opinion, all ugly, but what a piece of history. I know I'd like to have that set on my wall.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I've got the Sandro Chia art car.

That is crazy Earl. You are nuts!

Looks fantastic. You're right, they are each so unique and well done. Definitely works of art.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Those are really cool. What a nice find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts