BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Competition Pack includes:
* 19" wheels similar to those on the M3 CSL.
* Slightly improved suspension settings
* quick steering rack (14,5:1 instead of 15,4:1)
* M Track Mode from the M3 CSL
* Alcantara grips on the handbrake and SMG paddles
* M3 CSL brakes
* Alu-Tec interior trim

And uniquely for the Compeition Pack - a special paint color Interlagosblue Metallic.

Price for the Competition Pack in Germany is €5300.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
That picture really shows how bright Interlagos Blue really is.

·
Registered
944 Posts
kees said:
M3 CSL brakes
Price for the Competition Pack in Germany is €5300.
So u spend the money on CSL brakes, then have to spend another 3000 Euros on some good brakes from AP/Brembo/STech etc?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
A couple more photos - a bit too loud a colour for the M5 methinks....

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
foxyboym5 said:
So u spend the money on CSL brakes, then have to spend another 3000 Euros on some good brakes from AP/Brembo/STech etc?? :rolleyes:
It's not quite that simple. The CSL has steering knuckles which are different than the "ordinary" E46 M3 knuckles. If we assume that you can not bolt the CSL brakes onto any other E46 M3, then you will also not be able to install StopTech, Brembo, or AP Racing big brakes onto the new M3 Competition model until they measure and fabricate new brackets. :(

The reason I'm looking into this is that I received a call this morning from a customer with a 2001 M3 upon which I installed a 4-wheel Brembo BBK a couple years ago. He is ordering the 2005 M3 Competition model and wanted to swap his Brembos onto the new car. Then he learned about the $1,000 off sale on the StopTech 4-wheel kit and was going to go in that direction instead. However, the unique knuckles on the CSL & Competition models will prevent him from pursuing either option.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
That blue is stunning on the E46! I'm a sucker for good blues (LMB, Avus etc), and that color really compliments the M3 well. It might be a touch to much on the E60, but what a looker. lovelove
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I think that might be a nice color for the M5.

Definitely looks nice on the M3.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
OFF TOPIC

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
The M3 looks great in Interlagos Blue, nice wheels too.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Great looking colour on the M3! :)
Are any performance figures available at this time?
Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts