·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The second model sound very intresting

BMW Group continues product initiative

03/01/2005

Two new model series announced
Geneva / Munich. The BMW Group is continuing its product initiative. At the International Motor Show in Geneva, Helmut Panke, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG, announced the development of two new BMW brand model series: "We are using the strength of the BMW Group and pushing emphatically ahead with the extension of the vehicle range. We will be further expanding with two completely new, independent model series, and thus continuing the profitable growth of the BMW Group."

One of the new model series will be providing the market with a product that is innovative on the basis of its interior spatial design, which combines variability and functionality. This vehicle is being developed under the working title of the "space-functional concept". BMW is aiming, with the second model series, to make use of the potential demand opening up in new market segments. The background to this is the increased customer interest for vehicles which combine different characteristics in a form which has not existed until now: these include a higher seat position, the driving properties of a sporting passenger car and the outward appeal of a coupé.

source: BMW Press

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bmw did it again, they are following Mercedes. Mercedes started with SUV, BMW came up with one too, Mercedes started with Vision B and R, BMW follows them again... intresting... :confused2 hmmm

·
Registered
714 Posts
i think bmw needs a light weight no frills sports car (z5 concept) or just buyout lotus.

i care less about a mini van or 2 door suv... (but i guess some ppl are buying them)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
In fact, BMW owned Land Rover when Mercedes came out with the ML...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well this should be a stupid exercise in Marketing-directed production. And I'm a freaking marketing major and I think this is a stupid idea! I know BMW's strategy since it reorganized and restructured in the mid to late 1960's was to take down Mercedes but now that they're at a point of practically rivaling Mercedes. If I were BMW I'd start getting my ducks in a line so that I could top Mercedes with models they hadn't first designed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Andm99 said:
Well this should be a stupid exercise in Marketing-directed production. And I'm a freaking marketing major and I think this is a stupid idea! I know BMW's strategy since it reorganized and restructured in the mid to late 1960's was to take down Mercedes but now that they're at a point of practically rivaling Mercedes. If I were BMW I'd start getting my ducks in a line so that I could top Mercedes with models they hadn't first designed.
I don't think it's necessarily the idea that they begin to throw drawings together right after they hear that MB will be making a "crossover," etc. but rather that it's on the drawing board and they make it open to the public when they hear that MB is going to. It must save them lots of marketing $$ if they just follow MB in that aspect. Let's just hope that BMW doesn't follow them in other ways (like the driving quality :haha: ).

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yaninnya said:
Me too! ;)
BMW don't need minivans! :nono:
Yep. Cab's have to be build by MB. That's their only reason to exist. That's why I'm avoiding taking a cab.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts