BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys:

I just wanted to give a public thanks to Chris and his team at BMS over in Santa Ana. I was referred to them by Laidback, and I have honestly never been treated so well by any automotive service professionals.

I've gone to both dealers and independent mechanics, for not only BMW, but also Porsche, Ferrari, Lexus, Land Rover, and Volvo. To be honest, I've always been treated pretty well...so I'm self-proclaimed a hard-to-please guy when it comes to service.

My story is something like this - Yesterday during lunch, I looked at a M5 that was for sale in the local area by a small wholesaler. I thought the car looked OK, and we agreed on a price. I immediately called Chris and asked him whether he had time to do a pre-purchase inspection on the vehicle. He told me: "Sure, just bring it by. We'll try to squeeze you in." So I had the wholesaler bring the car over to BMS. At about 6 PM, I get on the phone with Chris. He tells me that the car is done, but he hasn't finished compiling all the notes. I tell him to take his time, and we left it there for the night.

I call Chris in the morning, and we talk about the condition of the car. He gave me his professional and personal recommendations, and I told him I'll stop in the shop during lunch in order to pick up a report he printed up and pay. So I drive over to the shop during lunch, and Chris immediately comes into his office from the shop and starts telling me the details about the car (there is a checklist of 11 items to address in front of me). He proceeds to connect his OBD/DME reader onto the computer to print out the codes for me, all while telling me more about the car and general information regarding M5s. After about a nonstop 30 minute discussion session (it was probably more, since it felt like 30 minutes), we walk into the front of the shop and I get my wallet out to pay. Since he was fairly busy, he just tells me to not worry about it.

Of course, I'll be sure he puts it on my next service statement...but that just shows how far BMS goes for customer service. I'm extremely happy with the level of professionalism, knowledge, and service BMS provided, and I will definitely be a return customer.

-Zack

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
That's Chris (BMS) down to earth no BS kinda guy and his crew Herm and Junior are one cool guys too:cheers:, imagine i have to drive 60 miles just to get my car service/ upgraded:wroom: but it's all worth it...and i'm glad your happy with BMS as i wouldn't have recommended them if i wasn't:haha2:...btw i would like to thank Thaichi808 for recommending BMS :haha2:to me when i was looking for a reputable shop:cheers:

btw the BMS guys are all going to the Mfest:biggrinbounce::biggrinbounce::biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks for sharing your positive experince with BMS Zack. :cheers:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, are you buying it or not?????
Nope. Chris, Herm, and Junior gave me a list of 11 reasons why not to (some were more important than others...such as the fact that the car was hit and the information was not disclosed, or the leaking differential side seals/power steering hose).

I'm looking at other cars now (and honestly, I'd feel so much better buying from a board member than some dealer that claims he uses "a couple of Mexicans...who knows if they're licensed" to do all his work).

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
BMS hardwired my Valentine V1 and put my Stealth 1 unit in also.

They do a great job, very professional.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Very cool people over at BMS in SA. BTW, have you checked out Ben Carufel's M5? If I was in the market, I would buy that one.
I haven't. It's way out of my price range, to be quite honest. I've played with the idea so many times...but each time I convinced myself that I can't afford it :p.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts