BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I installed BMC air filters in my BMW E63 M6 2005 (yes I know this is the M5 board but more people will look in this part, and the engine is the same) after I started the car and had it at idle for maybe 5 minutes "engine fault, reduced power" came up. I drove the car around the block and the message was still there, restarted the car but the message came right away, is this common that the car takes some time to adapt to the incressed air flow from the BMC airfilters? Still using the standard airbox, just BMC drop in filters. Dont know if it's same to drive the car so it just can adapt to changes... I am having a hard time beliving it need to adapt beacuse changing air filter is almost like driving when the outside temp is lower and the car adapts to that right away, right now its very hot, around 110F in the sun

thankful for input

Regards Fredrik

·
Registered
55 Posts
There shouldn't be any adverse affects after fitting the filters , nor should there be any learning period as far as I'm aware.

Check you haven't disturbed any of the maf sensors,wiring or plugs at the maf and also make sure you have re attached the breather to one of the air boxes , I can't remember which side air box it connects to though but it's right at the top so you will see easily enough.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts