BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I just want to post a thread that might help other new member who's not sure to pick the best set up for them.

Couple question that I have:

1. How many of you use BMC Air Filter+ RPI Scoop+ Block off Plates?
2. Why choose BMC Air Filter+ RPI Scoop+ Block off Plates?
3. Why not K&N air filter?

If you don't mind, can you kindly range your satisfaction from 0 to 5.

*for those of you who uses different set up are welcome.

I'll start from myself. I got my BMC Air Filter+RPI Scoop+Block off Plates yesterday. It took me and my friend (vesper) an 1hour to put it on my car, yet it was quite easy to install it. Everything is pretty much plug and play.

For me, I was thinking to put K&N Air Filter+RPI Scoop+ Block off plates but since the forum says that BMC Air Filter+RPI Scoop+Block off Plates is the best set up. I'll go for BMC instead K&N

BMC Air Filter+RPI Scoop+Block off Plates makes my car become smoother, compared to my friends car who uses K&N air filter, his engine sound feels like rougher than mine.
It adds more basses on my exhaust tone when idling and does give me more power for sure!!:M5thumbs:

However, I think I can't hardly feel my high tone of my tubi once I installed BMC Air Filter+RPI Scoop+Block off Plates. I am just wondering if this is just me or anyone in the member experienced the same problem too.

I personally rank 3.5/5 for BMC Air Filter+RPI Scoop+Block off Plates
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i have the stock filters with the rest of the setup. i don't know if the filters make that much of a difference for the price.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
5/5 RPi + BMC

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
5 - satisfied (RPI scoops, blockoff plates and BMC filters).

Years ago when the M6 was a new car there were K&N kits which were reported to actually reduce performance as I recall. That may have been a function of the intake system part of the kit vice the filters themselves, I really don't know. Intake systems that are not isolated from the rest of the under hood area seem to be effected by heat soak.

Those early adopters of the RPi setup with BMC filters only had good things to say and word of mouth (on the Board) lead many, many owners to upgrade as the price is reasonable compared to some other mods (exhaust, ECU, etc.).

And remember the other action typically done (for U.S. cars) is tossing out the charcoal filter (which was only to make cold start cars pass California emission requirements).

·
8,369 Posts
5/5 RPI scoops, block off plates, BMC filters.

Just like Mark said - I did my research and based on what I've read, we have members here that posted that their performance actually went down after installation of K & N filters.

RPI scoops, block off plates and BMC Filters on the other hand according to members here gave it all thumbs up.
So I ordered the set. Been 100% satisfied since day 1.

Make sure you remove your charcoal filters.

With regards to exhaust tone - I didnt hear any difference when I installed my scoops, block off plates & BMC filters.
Exhaust tone sounded the same. But then again, what I hear inside the cockpit is different than standing in the back of the car.

I have the Tubi Rumore and very happy with it. I love the high tone and the F1 like sound.
I dont like exhaust systems that makes the V10 sound like a motorcycle or make it sound like a muscle car.

In case you havent seen my video - here it is.
Dang Tubi sure always put a smile on my face : )

YouTube - BMW M6 - Tubi Rumore exhaust mod

Hope that helps. Take care Albert!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Just like Mark said - I did my research and based on what I've read, we have members here that posted that their performance actually went down after installation of K & N filters.

RPI scoops, block off plates and BMC Filters on the other hand according to members here gave it all thumbs up.

With regards to exhaust tone - I didnt hear any difference when I installed my scoops, block off plates & BMC filters.
Exhaust tone sounded the same. But then again, what I hear inside the cockpit is different than standing in the back of the car.

I have the Tubi Rumore and very happy with it. I love the high tone and the F1 like sound.
I dont like exhaust systems that makes the V10 sound like a motorcycle or make it sound like a muscle car.

Thank you, Dan and I actually did see your video before buying my tubi. Your video inspired me to buy those tubi exhaust:M5thumbs:
Additionally, I heard your exhaust and Edwin's from both outside and inside your car, which made my mind to buy tubi!
Indeed, Tubi always put my priceless smile on my face:cheers:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Thank you, Dan and I actually did see your video before buying my tubi. Your video inspired me to buy those tubi exhaust:M5thumbs:
Additionally, I heard your exhaust and Edwin's from both outside and inside your car, which made my mind to buy tubi!
Indeed, Tubi always put my priceless smile on my face:cheers:
Yes, after hearing Tubi, all others exhausts just sound like cheap mufflers. If not Tubi, might as well just go to Midas!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
5/5 Rpi scoops / block off plates / BMC air filters
i really felt the change but not in the first time , but now i can say it's the best and the cheapest mod for your M6 , due to the hot weather in Kuwait i don't think that K&N CAI is a good idea , cause it will suck hot air and that what i'm missing + when installing K&N CAI you need tuning that's why members with K&N complaining reduce in power , but with RPi scoops / block off plates / BMCs , just plug and play :D

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

Yes, after hearing Tubi, all others exhausts just sound like cheap mufflers. If not Tubi, might as well just go to Midas!

Dan and David , TUBI ALL THE WAY BABY kinggf

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I did install my tubi exhaust last week, sir:M5thumbs:

guess I'll join the club right away.
wooohooo , invitation sent , welcome to club :thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the AFE stage 2 CAI?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the AFE stage 2 CAI?
My friend member Boodzz got them on his 09 M6 and he says it's awesome and he never complained.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Seems like the number of Tubi Owners club is expanding.
After you get your Tubi Club membership card, you will quickly find that it opens all kinds of doors for you.
:goldcup:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After you get your Tubi Club membership card, you will quickly find that it opens all kinds of doors for you.
:goldcup:
How long does it takes to get my tubi membersip car. LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts