BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am getting the bluetooth upgrade for my 02 M5 and it comes with a basic tray and a pairing button. I am getting the set up from bimmernav.com. Does anyone recommend that I get the snap in cradle specific for my phone or just use it as is? I have a Motorola V551 phone and I am under the impression that the V600 snap in will work.

Also - where have you mounted the bluetooth antenna - in the C piller, in the trunk or behind the rear seat head rests? I am told that to mount it in the center console requires a major removal of the inside of the car.

Thanks,

BK

·
10,455 Posts
BT antenna: if you do not have fold down rear seats, the easiest place is to just slip it in behind the leather behind the armrest. Fold down your armrest, the leather is velcro'd in, and stick the bt antenna there. There's already a hole to run the wire thru.

I really like the cradle. you need to somehow keep your phone's external antenna connector from plugging in however, unless you add an external antenna (i did, but reception was worse than without it). I removed the pin in the snap in adapter that plugs into the phone's antenna port.

I like the cradle because i can charge my phone while driving and it keeps the phone from sliding around the car. Of course, with BT, you can keep your phone anywhere, which is nice when I forget and leave it in my bag or pocket...
Mike

·
Registered
136 Posts
i'm waiting for the Argos system. the biggest driver for me to get bluetooth is that i can just get into the car and leave the phone in my pocket. while driving, i struggle getting the phone out of my pant pocket which is not a very safe situation. if i remember to take the phone out of my pocket, i put it under my thigh so i can feel it vibrate.

so for me, i'm not getting a cradle. with bluetooth, i can set it and forget it.

:)

once the Argos unit is out, i'll have to find a phone and get off of sprintpcs.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to get the Bluetooth upgrade at the same price as the Argos product from someone who just upgraded to a newer BWM. I have the older voice control module and even though I will be removing it, I will retain voice control with the NAV system using this new BMW Bluetooth upgrade module, Argos does not support this feature. I am also concerned that with any new product, you may end up debugging it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
2002m5BGM said:
retain voice control with the NAV system using this new BMW Bluetooth upgrade module, Argos does not support this feature. I am also concerned that with any new product, you may end up debugging it.
oh? you control your nav through voice? i've seen this on an acura.. nice... hmm... i may have to rethink this..

as far as debugging, i don't mind... i kinda like it. i'm one of those guys who like to tweak and troubleshoot. heck, i sign up for any beta testing i can find. as long as i get to play with the technology before others. ouich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts