BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 M5 and I would like to set it up so that my bluetooth phone (Nokia 6230) will work through the cars speaker system. What are my options?

·
10,455 Posts
CEC said:
I have a 2002 M5 and I would like to set it up so that my bluetooth phone (Nokia 6230) will work through the cars speaker system. What are my options?
I think there is a factory kit for an 02 model that will integrate into the nav display.
Mike

·
Registered
1,553 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. Looks like it is a choice between the bimmernav kit and the aardvark kit. Both go for around $600 bucks and it seems like it is a relatively easy diy project. Any opinions one way or the other on these two kits?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
CEC said:
Thanks for the responses. Looks like it is a choice between the bimmernav kit and the aardvark kit. Both go for around $600 bucks and it seems like it is a relatively easy diy project. Any opinions one way or the other on these two kits?
The Argos system is $450 + shipping/handling (about $12). It also has several features different from the BMW ULF's modified or otherwise. Check under "What's New" on the Aardvark site (www.aardvarkmm.com)

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
CEC said:
Cool. Is it available now? How does is it differ from the ULF kit?
From the previous post:

"Some key differences:

1. Argos has mic muting ability for privacy needs
2. Argos has the ability to disconnect (unpair temporarily) and take a call privately. (With the BMW system, you'd have to get out of the vehicle and walk away to disconnect from the car)
3. Argos supports "Smart" phones and PDA based phones
4. Uses the voice tags in your phone (if you have that ability) rather than having to retrain a BMW ULF with all of your voice tags.
5. Argos can be upgraded via a software download for any changes in the Bluetooth standards
6. The BMW unit can dial a spoken number (eg "Dial 212 555 1212"), the Argos currently does not support this function."

Avalability hopefully before end of February. Pre-orders accepted online or at 740-374-8599

·
Registered
466 Posts
Just to but in here. If you go to your BMW factory dealership. There is an aftermarket catalog they have for certified pre-owned cars. If you have a 2002, your dealership can install the bluetooth system. I priced it just today at the dealership here in Newport, RI. For a car manufactured after 2/02. The price is 589.00 for parts, not including labor.

Just another option.

Cheers,
War

·
Registered
620 Posts
It seems like the $450 Argos is a no-brainer over their other $670 BMW ULF Kit or the $650 Kit from BMWNAV, right ? Curious to see how many people on the Board already pre-ordered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts