BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some searching, and have come up with the phone being to close to the microphone cause some type of feedback. The pisser is that the phone in the BMW snap in adapter is to close :(. Has anyone else had this problem ? Any fixes ? I have a Ericcson T39, and a very early generation of a ULF module.

·
10,445 Posts
fellow board member alpineblue had this problem, and i think the dealer gave him an updated ulf to fix the problem. I use the snap in adapter quite often, and have no problems with buzzing. In fact, i will often just sit my phone (a SE T616) on the tray behind the cupholders (in front of the shifter) which is directly below the microphone, and i have no buzzing issues. My only complaint with the system is that I actually loose reception when using the snap in adapter with external antennae. I think the frequency of the antennae doesn't quite match up with that of the phone (perhaps). I will loose a couple of bars of signal strength just snaping down the phone. I'm using the ulf supplied by martin of bmwnav.com, iirc the production date was 4/04 as on the lable on the ulf. (i installed this last summer).
Mike

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hey guys! My friend had a similar problem. We tried to play around with things and figure out what was causing the interference. It seems to me that we thought the interference was greatest with the phone near the nav unit or radio and that it was not from the microphone.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
El_Mono said:
I've done some searching, and have come up with the phone being to close to the microphone cause some type of feedback. The pisser is that the phone in the BMW snap in adapter is to close :(. Has anyone else had this problem ? Any fixes ? I have a Ericcson T39, and a very early generation of a ULF module.
I just picked up a Nokia 6310i if you want to test it out w/ that phone. PM me if you want to meet up. I'll be in NY this Fri-Sun, and next Wed/Thur.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts