BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the bluetooth kit, and the treo 650 didn't appear to pair with it. The treo would recognize the m5, but not vice versa. During the seaching mode, I made a phone call and then it paired up. Now it seems to pair up every time with repeat drives. Only the favorite pages phone numbers are available on the display (which is ok), but the sound is a little scratchy. Hopefully palm will have a bmw patch for the bluetooth, since they just released an audi one several days ago.
Phil

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I listened to the answering machine of a message i placed in the car, and it sounds terrible. There is enough functionality to make it worthwhile, but the sound quality sucks. Hopefully there will be a patch in the near future since it is a new device with a large number of users/complainers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How is the Treo 650 doing with the bluetooth kit. It has not been long since your last post however just wanted to see if you had any updates. I have an 02 and would love to get my 650 integrated. Thanks.

pn

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sprint has released v1.13 for the TREO 650...this does add support for the BMW BT system. My 01 doesnt have BT "yet", so I havent tested, but it does work in my mothers 05 X5...however, it doesnt like swapping between different phones.... RAZR (GSM) and TREO (CDMA).

The link to all the varios TREO updates http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/index.html

Once I get my BT installed, I'll report back

I hope this helps,

·
Registered
52 Posts
1.17 is now available and works pretty well, at least for Cingular with the Treo 650. Still only takes the numbers from the speed dial, though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
As mentioned before, only the favorites are imported. That will most-likely not be changed due to the fact there is a finite number of entries the phonebook "favorites" can handle. Contacts can be in the thousands of records. I happen to have around 850.....30 in my favorites.

I do wish the SMS messaging would interface with the car....maybe when the Treo 9000 comes out ouich

PS: My BT kit works like a charm, aside from a little problem with the BT connection if the phone is in standby when the car is started.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I just upgraded to BT unit in my '01. It's the 9th gen. unit from bimmernav.com. My Treo 650 pairs and can call out and receive calls, but the address book won't download. I don't have this problem with my '05 M3, which I think has the same BT module. Any ideas what may be wrong? Or maybe it's just something I have to live with b/c my Cingular Treo 650 isn't listed as fully compatible? But why does it download address book (favorites only) to my M3 but not the M5?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Wonder if the upgraded Mic would help in clarity?

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Wonder if the upgraded Mic would help in clarity?
Don't know, but clarity for me isn't an issue. People hear me fine, and I have the new upgraded mic (my car didn't come with one). So I'd say give it a try, it doesn't cost that much for a new mic.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Need4Spd said:
I just upgraded to BT unit in my '01. It's the 9th gen. unit from bimmernav.com. My Treo 650 pairs and can call out and receive calls, but the address book won't download. I don't have this problem with my '05 M3, which I think has the same BT module. Any ideas what may be wrong? Or maybe it's just something I have to live with b/c my Cingular Treo 650 isn't listed as fully compatible? But why does it download address book (favorites only) to my M3 but not the M5?
I'd check to make sure you have the latest code on the Treo....its currently 1.17 for Cingular Treo 650s

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/treo650updater/cingular.html

I've used my Treo 650 and Treo 700p with no problems.... my Treo 700wx on the other hand SUCKS!! Damn you BT drivers, Damn you!!

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Thanks. My Treo tells me it already has 1.17, and I'm still baffled by why the address book works in one car but not the other.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Need4Spd said:

You need to make sure that your favorites list only contains phone numbers, no letters or other symbols. My Treo 700p works OK with my -552 ULF, but when I upgraded to the 10th gen ULF my favorites would not transfer, and I was unable to make or receive calls. I think that the Treos are not as tolerant of the latest ULF modules.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
You need to make sure that your favorites list only contains phone numbers, no letters or other symbols.
Thanks. Do you mean that I can't label the favorites with names, like "home" or "office," etc. Or if I do, the labels have to be just the phone nos.?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Need4Spd said:
Thanks. Do you mean that I can't label the favorites with names, like "home" or "office," etc. Or if I do, the labels have to be just the phone nos.?
No, you can name all of them, just make sure the phone number slot does not have anything but numbers in it.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Still doesn't work. Anyway, most of my calls go to the Top 8, so it's not that bad.

Other question. Is the volume adjustable? I can hardly hear the caller sometimes. But turning up the volume knob does nothing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Need4Spd said:
Still doesn't work. Anyway, most of my calls go to the Top 8, so it's not that bad.

Other question. Is the volume adjustable? I can hardly hear the caller sometimes. But turning up the volume knob does nothing.

Not easily. You can try to adjust the headset volume on the phone, and turn up the phone volume to the max (turn on the voice control and say "volume up" until it is maxed out. There is a hidden radio menu as well that may have some controls for it. There is a bluetooth volume amp available as a last resort.

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/bluetooth
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/154948/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts