BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I need some advice about these two colours. Not being able to see an E60 in the Blue Onyx colour I was wondering if anyone had comments about whether the external colour would work with an Amarone leather interior. My dealer is getting a sample of Amarone, but I was hoping someone (Ashok?) that had seen these two in the flesh would comment.

I'm also thinking about these combos:
Blue Onyx with Black leather and Piano Black
Carbon Black with Amarone leather and Amarone wood
Carbon Black with Amarone leather and Piano Black

·
Registered
246 Posts
sydl said:
Hi - I need some advice about these two colours. Not being able to see an E60 in the Blue Onyx colour I was wondering if anyone had comments about whether the external colour would work with an Amarone leather interior. My dealer is getting a sample of Amarone, but I was hoping someone (Ashok?) that had seen these two in the flesh would comment.

Carbon Black with Amarone Merino leather and Amarone Walnut is my choice, providing we can get Individual in the U.S.

simmikie

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm getting Blue Onyx, Indy red and walnut. There is also a new blue just out called "Azzurit" which looks really special, but as said elsewhere BMW has so many shades of blue/black that it's hard to tell them apart. Azzurit, although very dark has a quite bright blue sparkle effect. Onyx is basically a slightly bluer version of Carbon Black..

This probably doesn't help you though - sorry!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Gus said:
I'm getting Blue Onyx, Indy red and walnut. There is also a new blue just out called "Azzurit" which looks really special, but as said elsewhere BMW has so many shades of blue/black that it's hard to tell them apart. Azzurit, although very dark has a quite bright blue sparkle effect. Onyx is basically a slightly bluer version of Carbon Black..
Thanks Gus - so Onyx isn't that bright - still has some black in it? I didn't see Indy Red on the Individual leather colours though. Which country is this available for?

Do you think an Amarone color would clash with Onyx or is Onyx black/dark enough?

·
Registered
867 Posts
sydl said:
Thanks Gus - so Onyx isn't that bright - still has some black in it? I didn't see Indy Red on the Individual leather colours though. Which country is this available for?

Do you think an Amarone color would clash with Onyx or is Onyx black/dark enough?
It was a bit complicated because all I wanted was an Individual paint - Indy red is a std interior colour in the UK, but I had to pay xtra for an Individual pack, and as Indy Red is not an Individual colour I had to pay even more to have a "standard" interior!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
sydl said:

Hi, try this site: http://www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/products/equipment/individual/index.html

Choose 5 series and then M5:)

·
Registered
246 Posts
sydl said:
yep - been to these visualizers. Problem is I want to know how the interior and exterior colours go with each other - the visualizer shows you the exterior and interior seperately...
Well, maybe this will help. Yesterday I saw a 645i in a parking lot, so I got a very good look (the first I have seen). It was black (not carbon) with what appeared to be Amarone.........it was spectacular! An excellent color combination. I would choose this for myself if black paint didn't show scratches so vividly, which is why I am going with carbon.

simmikie

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I don't feel that Onyx would work as well with a darker leather like Amarone.

It looks best when contrasted with a lighter leather colour like Champagne or Ecru or Caramel IMHO.

The Piano black wood trim is nice (I saw it in Delhi on Tradervox's 545i) but remember that it will show every little smudge and scratch :sad3:

Of all your alternatives sydl I like Onyx/Black/Black.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Ashok. If I really want to have the Amarone interior, what do you think about CarbonBlack/Amarone/Amarone?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Carbonblack will definitely go well with Amarone as will Sapphire Black (if you don't want to spend the extra for Individual paint) :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ashok, Thanks for your thoughts. The other combination I thought of was Onxy with Portland Natural (a standard leather colour).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.