BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from being overseas for a year and took my '02 M5 out of storage. Reconnected the battery and noticed the interior blower won't shut off. None of the climate controls work. It's stuck on high heat which is not pleasant but it least it's winter. Also there are no lights working on the climate control part of the dash. I did the research here and pulled the FSU and replaced it with another one from my daily driver/beater '97 540i. FSU had the same part number on it and looked identical. Nothing changed, still no lights and heater blower stuck on high. Any ideas before I take it to my Indy? I'll be driving around with the FSU disconnected and then just plug it in for high heat when needed.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
My new-2-me 02 M5 had the same issue (per service records) at 58K miles.
The previous owner had another thing in common with your car, he was out of country for 3-6 months a year for the last 4 years and the car was parked/stored while on battery tender for months at a time.

In any case, the service records state the HVAC fan was stuck on full and won't turn off. The records indicate they had to replace the "Final stage A/C unit" to rectify the problem. I am not an expert in this area but figured the information couldn't hurt.

good luck with your issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts